Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] URL

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #302318 by wjgadmin
[SOLVED] URL was created by wjgadmin

Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/joomlapolis824/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 1435

Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/joomlapolis824/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 1435
hi,
i've tried contacting you guys and got one response. i have been unable to post here on the forum because certain details are not public and i do not see the option to privatize this post...

i need to have cbsubs do an http post to our external server for licensing purposes. however no matter how i input the information into the URL (body, headers etc...) it is not sending the url/http post.

basically i need to match the variable names to those of paypal because that is how our server accepts them (i've already sent the code via contact us Ticket ID: 751116, but would be happy to send it via pm). so to match the variables up i am simply placing them in the cbsubs url information & providing the details needed from the cbsubs db (first name, last name, email, plan name, expiry date).

Example #1 of how I've tried to do this:
Path: www.ourserver.com/action.aspx
Method: Post
Body:
txn_type=create
first_name=[cb_firstname]
last_name=[cb_lastname]
payer_email=
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #302339 by wjgadmin
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by wjgadmin.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #302350 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic URL
Headers is for the HTTP post headers. Don't add body content there. That's an invalid HTTP request. Firstname and Lastname already exist in CB as [firstname] and [lastname]. Don't prefix them with cb_. You can see what profile fields are available within CB > Field Management.

As for what CBSubs substitutions are available they're listed under "Substitutions in URLs and POST/XML requests" on Integrations > URL when configuring your plan. Separate each POST or GET value with a linebreak as noted in the parameters description.

If using "First Subscription Activation" for this then it will not send the HTTP request until the subscription has become active. If using free lifetime subscriptions ensure they're configured to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Also recommend reading the below tutorial carefully on how to use substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by krileon.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 7 months ago #302353 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic URL
hi krileon,
thank you for the support. i have made the changes as you mentioned but they are still not working to pass to our server.
here is the exact URL i am using with the method being "POST" in the activation path (except the domain name):
www.ourserver.com/action.aspx?txn_type=create&first_name= [firstname]&last_name=[lastname]&item_name=[PLAN_NAME]&expiration_date=[SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE]

please let me know how to resolve that if the URL is incorrect. i have the body & headers empty. i have a test site up if you prefer i can send you the credentials to log in?

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #302355 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic URL
i have tried everything I know, even moved the params into the body instead of the URL with linebreaks. i've tried every manipulation of them I can think of, but every time I create a user it is not sending properly after confirmation/activation. so it is clear that i am not doing something right, but need assistance to get it resolved, thank you.
i need to get the following params sent properly with these variable names:
txn_type (this will be set manually in the param as "create", "update", or "expired" depending on which path was triggered; all of the params below will come from the cbsubs fields)
first_name (firstname)
last_name (lastname)
item_name (PLAN_NAME)
expiration_date (SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE)

when using the other shopping cart it sends flawlessly when it receives the PayPal IPN, but they have it coded to use those details instead of cbsubs fields. so i know the server we're sending the data to is working and has for years.
when creating a user i am subscribing them to an actual subscription using a coupon code of 100% off. regardless the option in cbsubs/settings/global does not allow for user registration without a subscription.
you can see the full code from the server via the support ticket i mentioned before if you want to see it, and i can send you whatever details you need. thank you
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by wjgadmin.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302363 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic URL
I'm guessing your current usage is probably a GET request rather than a POST. Try using the below.

First Subscription Activation
Path:
Code:
http://www.example.com/action.aspx
Method: GET
Body:
Code:
txn_type=create first_name=[firstname] last_name=[lastname] item_name=[PLAN_NAME] expiration_date=[SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE]
Results: Disable

Subscription Renewal
Path:
Code:
Body:
Code:
txn_type=update first_name=[firstname] last_name=[lastname] item_name=[PLAN_NAME] expiration_date=[SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE]

Subscription Deactivation
Path:
Code:
Body:
Code:
txn_type=expired first_name=[firstname] last_name=[lastname] item_name=[PLAN_NAME] expiration_date=[SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRY_DATE]

Please be sure to enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration when testing so errors can output. If no errors output please be sure to check your server error log to see if something failed. You maybe also to see any errors in CBSubs > History Log. Please also be sure CBSubs URL is published and public within CB > Plugin Management or it won't load and execute.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon