Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs URL resend

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 6 months ago #303253 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic CBSubs URL resend
Yes this is the error I was referring to in the history. This is the same one is gave when the date was provided in the wrong format. That is fixed and the post information is being sent the exact same way so if the acitvation & renewal are working there is no reason the expiration shouldn't be.
Here is the error, however it is extremely limited and doesn't really tell us much:
CBSubs URL failed due to error: Server error response www.ourdomain.com/something.aspx [status code] 500 [reason phrase] Internal Server Error (500)

of course it is stating an internal server error, this means the information is not being accepted via our server. this is caused by the information it is provided not being correctly formatted. but again it works for the others, so the expiration is providing it differently somehow and our server is rejecting it.
please see your private messages, i sent you the exact URL that i tested in the browser and it worked flawlessly. this proves there is no issue with our server, rather the information it is being fed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303257 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs URL resend
That error doesn't mean CBSubs URL is failing. Your script is throwing a fatal error. There's a problem with your script, not with CBSubs URL.

this is caused by the information it is provided not being correctly formatted

Improve your script to understand information in different formats and manipulate it however necessary. Substitutions are designed to output with the expectation they're being used for display purposes. It will send dates through the CB format function and format them according to your configuration. They may or may not include time and just be a date.

I can't help you debug this you need to log details about what part of your script is failing at your scripts endpoint and figure out what information is malformed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 6 months ago #303263 by wjgadmin
Kyle,
i am aware of the error and what it means. as i stated above, "this means the information is not being accepted via our server."
i am not saying in anyway that cbsubs is producing an error and i realize it is the server, however the error is only occurring because it is being fed something that it doesn't expect.

so i understand that our server is throwing the error, however i've tested it with the url i provided you AND the activation/renewal etc... work perfectly. because the exact same information is being sent in the activation/renewal/deactivation/expiration there must be something wrong. it is not possible for the server to throw an error on one but not the other when the information is being provided the same.

i would love to be able to debug it however i am not aware of a way to see what cbsubs is actually sending in order to do so. this is why i asked you about resending the post. so please tell me how to debug it and see what cbsubs is actually sending.
there is absolutely no issue with the server code, to repeat it, we've tested it directly using the URL and it works flawlessly. so it is a fact that the issue is in the information that is being provided. so to debug it i must know what is actually being sent so i can try to resolve it.
please give me a way to see what cbsubs url is sending and i can resolve it from there. i appreciate your help.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303291 by krileon
You need to add error logging in your script it self so it's logged to your server error log or a custom text file if necessary. CBSubs URL also logs whatever header response is sent by the server so if you catch the error you can respond with a different header that includes the error. There's nothing I can do to help you with this as the issue is entirely somewhere in your script failing and throwing a fatal server error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wjgadmin
  • wjgadmin
6 years 6 months ago #303293 by wjgadmin
hello again,
please try to provide me with a solution for this. i've done everything i can on my end that i'm aware of, however without the detailed error i am unable to see the issue. for example in the cbsubs history it provides very basic details:
CBSubs URL failed due to error: Server error response www.ourdomain.com/something.aspx [status code] 500 [reason phrase] Internal Server Error (500)

while this provides the error code, it tells us nothing more. we've set the customErrors in our web.config on our server so it should provide detailed information, yet i do not see any of it via cbsubs history.
i've also checked our server logs and they show the error but these logs do not details the post itself.
i am unable to test on our server because when i use the URL it works no problem without any errors, however using cbsubs url i am unable to see the browser provide the error because it is done in the background automatically (http post). so without being able to see what the cbsubs url output is and not having the detailed information, there simply is no way for me to debug this.

i need to either see what the cbsubs url output is (what's being provided via the url http post) or have the detailed error log. i would appreciate it if you could assist with one of these. thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303297 by krileon
Will review dumping the request details to the history log.

All CBSubs URL can log is the request being sent and the response from the server it's being sent to. Currently it only logs the response, which in your case is a 500 fatal server error (you should implement error catching in your script to provide more detailed response codes if necessary). That means your script is failing somewhere. There's no further information available to CBSubs URL via the HTTP request for it to log. You should be able to see the HTTP request details in your server access log or again just add debug code to your script.

However you currently have it configured to send a POST while accessing via browser is GET. Maybe your script expects a GET request and isn't looking in the POST data.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon