Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Issues with Paid Subscription, Payment, and Enrollment

• krileon
  • krileon
5 months 3 days ago #338127 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and there's some configuration concerns. You opted for supplying email address only (unreliable) instead of merchant id (reliable). Additionally it's possible there was a copy-paste error when applying your PayPal Identity Token. I recommend adjusting the following.

PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID): Set this to your merchant id
PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account): Set this to the email address marked primary in PayPal
Your PayPal Identity Token: This should be your website payments data transfer token not api or ipn token

As for where to find this information please refer to the below.

Merchant ID
This can be found within your PayPal > Settings > Account under the "Account options" section

Primary Email
This can be found within your PayPal > Settings > Account under the "Emails" section

Identity Token
This can be found within your PayPal > Settings > Seller Tools > Website preferences under the "Payment data transfer" section

The error being thrown is a 400 bad request communication error with PayPal so PayPal themselves is rejecting the request. If your issue persists after adjusting the above you will have to contact them since they're the ones rejecting it as it's not an error on CBSubs side of things.

Additionally you have fraud checks failing for Stripe payments. It looks like either your Stripe webhook secret is incorrect or it's all the notices on your site tampering with the response body sent by Stripe. Both are a absolute no-no for IPN verification as the verification process requires a untampered response.

Regarding your sites notices please review CBSubs > History Log. You have a lot of 3rd party code throwing warnings like crazy. Please address those. They will be a problem as they are breaking response body data. They all seam to point to /astroid/framework so I assume your Joomla template framework.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wortmann
  • Wortmann
5 months 2 days ago #338129 by Wortmann
Many thanks for the numerous tips.
I have carried out the measures with PayPal and also with Stripe. The same error still occurs with PayPal.
I have now contacted the template manufacturer and hope that they can help.

Regards
Jens.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 months 2 days ago #338134 by krileon
Best I can suggest at this point is contact PayPal. The below API call is what's causing the communication error. It's one of their legacy APIs, but it's supposed to still be working fine.

Method: POST
URL:
Code:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Body:
Code:
[ 'cmd' => '_notify-synch', 'tx' => TRANSACTION_ID_HERE, 'at' => IDENTITY_TOKEN_HERE, ]

You can provide the above information in your PayPal support request and maybe they can take a look at logs to see what's going on.

I suppose it's also possible this is a cURL configuration issue. You may want to contact your host and ensure SSL is setup correctly with a valid certification for cURL, but usually that throws some kind of cURL error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• swampy5
  • swampy5
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #338239 by swampy5
Hi
Ive got similar issues with Paypal gateway in cbsubs - payments using the gateway fails with the dreaded msg "Things dont appear to be working at the moment.Please try again later"
All the help I have accessed have recommended double checking account settings on Paypal
- I believe Ive confirmed  the Merchant ID, Primary Email and the Paypal Identity Token
I created a pay now button and pasted the code on to a webpage and that worked fine so it would seem an issue with the cbsubs paypal gateway?
regards
Tony Marsh

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by swampy5. Reason: Hadnt completed the post

• krileon
  • krileon
4 months 2 weeks ago #338241 by krileon
Please contact PayPal support. The error is on their end so we don't have access to any logs that could potentially say what is wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• swampy5
  • swampy5
4 months 2 weeks ago #338242 by swampy5
Thanks for prompt response Kyle (as always!)
Have spoken to PP tech support - sent me back to CBSubs paypal gateway
Strange the way payments via a pp button works but gateway transactions are failing
I will collect some apache2 errors screen grabs tomorrow
regards
Tony Marsh

Tony Marsh GoGreen Computing

Moderators: beatnantkrileon