Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GroupJive : Join button in a newsletter ?

• Pachat
  • Pachat
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #227067 by Pachat
Hi,

The site has a newsletter to invite people to register for a lunch.
How can I put a join button in the newsletter ?

If I put a link to
Code:
http://mysite.com/index.php/groupjive/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=join&cat=4&grp=43
it works if the user is already connected to the site.

If the user is not already connected, it brings as normal to the connexion page.
But once connected, the user is lost in home page and no joining follows.

Is the a way that the link above will after connection proceed automatically to the join action ?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Pachat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #227070 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive : Join button in a newsletter ?
That'll only work if they're logged in. If they're not then it sends them to login to either login or register. If you want them to auto join at time of registration you may want to consider using the GJ Auto integration included with GJ and its Auto Join field so they can select a group to join during registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Pachat
  • Pachat
11 years 5 months ago #227071 by Pachat
Replied by Pachat on topic GroupJive : Join button in a newsletter ?
They are already registered in the site. So, GJ Auto integration won't apply here.

If I ask for an article or a contact available only to Registered, it works : they have the login, and when logged they go to the requested page.

Why for Group Jive links it takes them back to the home page ?

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #227074 by krileon
It simply redirects to login page. CB has no idea that they came from GJ as the return URL usage is completely different even when is set.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• Pachat
  • Pachat
11 years 5 months ago #227075 by Pachat
Replied by Pachat on topic GroupJive : Join button in a newsletter ?
Thank you for the explanation.

Do we have to use CB Login.
Couldn't we use regular J! login ? (Would it work, anyhow ?)

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #227100 by krileon
Yes, you must use the CB login module. No it won't work with Joomla login module either. GJs return URL usage is completely different from either of those.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon