Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GroupJive : Join button in a newsletter ?

• Pachat
  • Pachat
11 years 4 months ago #227979 by Pachat
Replied by Pachat on topic GroupJive : Join button in a newsletter ?
> CB has no idea that they came from GJ as the return URL usage is completely different even when is set.

I understand the technical reasons.
But is there a way to have an email reader click on a link that would allow him to join a group in one click (if he is connected), or just after connection (if he was not connected) ?

In general, how is it possible to avoid to return to the home page after connection but continue to the page requested ?

--

Another solution would be to have GroupJive as a module inside an article : is this possible ?
That way, the article with Registered rigths would first ask for connection, then show the GJ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 4 months ago #228005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive : Join button in a newsletter ?

I understand the technical reasons.
But is there a way to have an email reader click on a link that would allow him to join a group in one click (if he is connected), or just after connection (if he was not connected) ?

Yes, if they're logged in you can use the below URL structure for example to join a group.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=join&cat=CATEGORY_ID_HERE&grp=GROUP_ID_HERE

You should also be able to generate internal Join links from backend on the Menus page if you'd like it to be a Joomla menu item, etc..

In general, how is it possible to avoid to return to the home page after connection but continue to the page requested ?

Well, you could set a login redirect URL within your CB Login module and it'll always send them to that URL.

Another solution would be to have GroupJive as a module inside an article : is this possible ?
That way, the article with Registered rigths would first ask for connection, then show the GJ.

Don't think that'll matter, but suppose you could try.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon