Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Create CB SUBS Plans based on number of connections

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #259145 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Create CB SUBS Plans based on number of connections
Hello Kyle,

the number of connections displayed is not accurate so that part is clear. The action is not firing. Please refer to the screenshot

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by pranaydhruv.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 8 months ago #259147 by krileon
Change it to "Greater Than or Equal To" operator and that should do the trick. It's failing as 6 doesn't equal 3, but with the greater than it should fire your action fine as it'll account for being greater than 3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #259159 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Create CB SUBS Plans based on number of connections
Hello Kyle,

This seems to be working, Let me test this a few times with different plans and users.

Thanks
Pranay

9 years 8 months ago #259216 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

I tested this with different users and different plans i have created. Please find my observations & Questions :-

1) When the Connection limit of a plan is used up and users resubscribes to the same plan the connection limit doesnt change and the users are still not able to make new connections in essence the users limit field should be updated with the new limit in addition to old one.

2) If the User Subscribes to a plan which has a lower Connection limit they are not able to add any more connections as the Condition we have set prevents it in this case as the number of connections are 6 and limit as per new plan is 4 or 3 for example.

3) If the user Doesn't want to re-Subscribe to a new plan or the old plan they should automatically be pushed to a Free plan.(This is not happening currently)

so my understanding is the counter of Connections should be set to Zero for the CB_Query field or the Connection limit should add the number of connections on top of last limit, any suggestions?

Thanks
Pranay

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 8 months ago #259231 by krileon

1) When the Connection limit of a plan is used up and users resubscribes to the same plan the connection limit doesnt change and the users are still not able to make new connections in essence the users limit field should be updated with the new limit in addition to old one.

If you want it to increment you need to ensure you used an integer field. Then use the operator of "Add" instead of "Set". This way it adds your value instead of sets it.

3) If the user Doesn't want to re-Subscribe to a new plan or the old plan they should automatically be pushed to a Free plan.(This is not happening currently)

Disable free registrations without subscriptions and enable free lifetime plans to create subscriptions within CBSubs > Settings > Global. Next create an exclusive free lifetime plan. If they still won't fallback to it then you'll need to make your plan child plans of a free lifetime plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #259366 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

i have been testing the logic and here is an observation, thought i should seek your guidance/advice upon it :-

1) the Query picks up the current number of connections. which means the users have a loophole for the connections limit. As they can create connections and then remove the ones they dont like which enables them to create more than their actual limit. For example connections limit of a user is 30 connections and duration is 4 months. So during this time he/she can create more than 30 connections if he keeps on removing the connections he thinks are not matching to his expectation.

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon