Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] login Re-direction incorrect

9 years 2 months ago #268835 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic login Re-direction incorrect
Hello Kyle,
I have tried to disable Plugins and modules but no luck, not quire sure what is cauing the behaviour, nevertheless i have a domain now, but how can i upload my website online and prevent users from registering as it still needs a lot of polishing ?

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 2 months ago #268887 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic login Re-direction incorrect
If issue persists on live domain you can PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as steps to reproduce and can take a look. As for keeping the site inaccessible just enable offline mode in Joomla global configuration or turn off registration in CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 2 months ago #269154 by krileon
You've set login redirect to index.php, which is always the menu item marked Home. The menu item you've marked Home is CBs profile page. This all appears to be working perfectly fine so I don't understand your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #269172 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

when i try to go to the website it takes me to the following URI:-

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=login

whereas the home page URI is :-

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=435

When i logout it takes me to the mentioned URI :-

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=login

since home page is set and re-direction is working it should go to this :-

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=435

Thanks
Pranay

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 2 months ago #269207 by krileon
That is not your home page. You have the CB profile menu item marked as your home page. So the behavior you're experiencing is normal. Navigate to Menus > Main Menu and notice the CB profile menu item is marked home. Change the home menu item if you want your home page to be something other than CBs profile page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

9 years 2 months ago #269232 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

I am trying to implement the following sequence:-

1) User goes to my website and the landing page is the Home page.
2) he/she logs in and first page they see is their own profile(CB Profile page).
3) they logout they go back to the same home page or landing page they started from.

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon