• ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321316 by ericmuc
Placeholder in privacy was created by ericmuc
Hi,

Placeholder is working, but I want to work with substitutions like this:
Code:
[cb:if cb_l_name !="" or cb_l_level !=""]privacy_protected[/cb:if]

If I use this code I have no output. I tried also to show a field with substitution as for example [cb_l_level]. Only the language string "privacy_protected" is working.

Can you please check? How can I get this work? Hope, it is possible, in the field info substitutions are mentioned.

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ericmuc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321318 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Placeholder in privacy
Substitutions are supported in "Display Override" and I assume that's what you mean by placeholder? What do you mean by it's not working? It's not outputting "privacy_protected" when it should? Are cb_l_name and cb_l_level protected by privacy rules?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago #321321 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Placeholder in privacy
Hi,

Yes,

I mean "Display override, sorry.

Following:

I have a field group with the fields cb_I_name and cb_I_level and in the field group privacy override I want to use the substitutions with these fields.

Please see attached image display override privacy substitutions.png. This brings no output. It is empty, the tab is not shown.

If I add only the language string without surrounded code it shows right: public view.jpg.

So it has something to do with the group field?

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321337 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago #321347 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Placeholder in privacy
Hi,
Thanks, so now I tested it but unfortunately without success, sorry.

I have for example:

Field group = cb_q
Field name in group = cb_q_title

This leads to: [cb_q__0__cb_q_title]

But this is shown as it is and not the value is shown.

I tried a lot and test other substitutions, that is working.

But unfortunately not a substitution of a field group field.

Please can you check this? What could be the reason?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321354 by krileon
Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do here. The privacy display override is what is displayed if access to the field is denied due to privacy. The viewing user has no access to the field or the data in that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon