Skip to Content Skip to Menu

field not editable on users profile

• beat
  • beat
2 years 11 months ago #327038 by beat
Replied by beat on topic field not editable on users profile

galanopd wrote:

...so you would have to implement that, possibly with CB Auto-Actions,...

I see... but how Auto Actions could help in this case. What is the action that would do?
Also the Email provided by CB doesn't allow to set options like a dropdown list...

I had in mind to allow the public user to select an option (by setting the dropdown list to public), then after his selection automatically take him to pay by creating e-shop products or something like that.... don't even know if that works.

I'm still not clear on what exactly the UI and workflow should look like, but from what I now read above, the CB public-email-to-user with auto-action is not the right solution, as you need custom behavior around it.

Actually, the easiest seems to write your own html inside the user profile using a CB "HTML field" in the user profile (or even your own PHP code if you are HTML- and/or PHP-fluent for that field using CB Code Field).

In that HTML field type, you can add any HTML code to display a button or link to a payment page (CBSubs plans display links that can be used for that), or a drop-down with javascript to redirect to the right page.

Then you could add a CBSubs-condition on the display of the field using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect plugin to control Field's visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• galanopd
  • galanopd
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #327810 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic field not editable on users profile
This message contains confidential information

So I have already added an HTML code field in the userlist.
Issues so far:
  1. When clicking on the select field it takes the visitor to the user profile page. I have changed that by setting Userlist->Parameters->Linking to "No" but now I cannot link to the profile at all. Is there a way (apart from creating a "Go to profile" button) to make image or username linkable?
  2. I need inside my HTML code to use
    Code:
    onChange="window.location.href=this.value"
    and then for every value make it redirect as described in the "emailoptions" section. When I add this and save it disappears.

So are the above possible? Am I on the correct path?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by galanopd.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 9 months ago #327815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic field not editable on users profile

When clicking on the select field it takes the visitor to the user profile page. I have changed that by setting Userlist->Parameters->Linking to "No" but now I cannot link to the profile at all. Is there a way (apart from creating a "Go to profile" button) to make image or username linkable?

You would need to add your own link for that. Usually with a Custom HTML field and a button.

I need inside my HTML code to use

You'd need to use onBeforeDisplayUsersList trigger and add your own custom JS to the page if you need click handling like that. You won't be able to alter the userlist row HTML without developing a new template for CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon