Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Coppermine Plugin

• piercer
  • piercer
18 years 6 months ago #10668 by piercer
Coppermine Plugin was created by piercer
First off - this is not a complete bridge, it is designed to work in conjunction with the amazing coppermine bridge from Mehdi which you can find out about that here -

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,613/Itemid,35/

In my opinion it is way way better then coppermine_viz and its free.

If you have installed this component and community builder then this attached CB plugin will display all the publicly visible albums that a user has in a CB tab in their profile.

It's exceedingly basic but seems to work well.

Please let me know if it works well for you and any features you would like added.

***PLEASE DOWNLOAD NEWER VERSION FROM LATER POST*****

Post edited by: piercer, at: 2006/04/20 16:02

Post edited by: piercer, at: 2006/04/22 12:16

Post edited by: piercer, at: 2006/05/01 11:31
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• prock
  • prock
18 years 5 months ago #11341 by prock
Replied by prock on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
Doesn't seem to work for coppermine 1.45. At least not the way mine is configured. Nothing exotic here though. Mehdi's bridge, user galleries are named userpics instead of usergalleries...that's about it as far as differences. Changed all the references to cpg144_pictures/albums to cpg145_ and usergalleries to userpics, but still nothing displays in the tab.

Still working on a solution here, but perhaps someone more familiar with Coppermine and CB plugins can lend a hand.

• piercer
  • piercer
18 years 5 months ago #11353 by piercer
Replied by piercer on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
Thanks for you comments.

I have upgraded the plugin so that less stuff is hardwired into it. It now uses the coppermine config file to find the table prefix and there is a plugin parameter that specifies the directory you have coppermine installed.

I built this new version using CPG144 and it worked fine. I then upgraded to CPG145 and after making the mehdi tweaks the plugin still worked fine.

THE NEW VERSION IS ATTACHED TO THIS POST - I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE VERSION ATTACHED TO MY ORIGINAL POST - SORRY

If this new version does not work then I think it is either something to do with the 10000 that CPG uses for user gallery categories or you have a different setup to me.

I use PHP 5.0, Joomla 1.0.8 and CB 1.0rc2

****God I hate these forums, they just don't seem to work - > the file is attached but it lost its name and extension - so rename ther attached file to something like cpg.display.zip after downloading it. Sorry, but I just don't know what happened...
I hope this version fixes you problems

Conrad

Attachment f4d1759e4a1c0aceb41332e1080e1eb0. not found

Post edited by: piercer, at: 2006/05/01 11:28
Attachments:

• dave
  • dave
18 years 5 months ago #13208 by dave
Replied by dave on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
I have a quick question regarding the Coppermine Componant by Mehdi. How is it visually integrated into Joomla? Do you use wrapper or is there another way?

18 years 4 months ago #14036 by sweetsofia
Replied by sweetsofia on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
Help!

This looks like exactly what I need, but can't download the .zip... it tells me there is no such page.

18 years 4 months ago #14409 by blitzdigital
Replied by blitzdigital on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
piercer wrote:

First off - this is not a complete bridge, it is designed to work in conjunction with the amazing coppermine bridge from Mehdi which you can find out about that here -

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,613/Itemid,35/

In my opinion it is way way better then coppermine_viz and its free.

Piercer,
I'd like to use your plugin, but I can't even seem to get Mehdi's bridge working well. I have Joomla 1.08 with CB 1.0 and Coppermine 1.46 bridged to Joomla using the aforementioned bridge.
When I used the CBLogin module to log into my site, it SOMETIMES also logs me into Coppermine, but not every time. It seems like the bridge is designed to work with the Joomla built-in login module (not the CBlogin) so maybe this is the root of the problem?
Does anyone else have this problem and/or a proposed solution?
Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon