Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Coppermine Plugin

• chelby
  • chelby
17 years 5 months ago #38126 by chelby
Replied by chelby on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
I changed around the code and modified it to my needs. I wanted to show the last 10 pictures a user has uploaded, with a link to all the photos they have uploaded, so that is what my change accomplishes. It still uses the config files, so setup is exactly the same, so instead of just showing a users albums, you can see the last ten photos (you can change this number easily, look at the code, I commented in it).

The original code would not show you photos a user uploaded to a public album, that is why I needed it this way.

You can see my usage of it at www.shipplotting.com

Not sure about getting this to work across two databases. The code was surprisingly simple to mod, I think it would be fairly easy to setup the code, so a user just has to set the database connections and it will connect. I will look at that part when I get some free time.

Mean while.

Attachment plug_cpg_display-429eb6623a90c70f77bbde150ebcbc02.zip not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Syrinx
  • Syrinx
17 years 5 months ago #38132 by Syrinx
Replied by Syrinx on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
tf5_bassist wrote:

So... this is nearly six months old, and been close to a year since the OP has said anything... Anyone know what's going on with this pseudo-bridge?

Should it REALLY be this hard to find a gallery package that allows users to own their own gallery rights, and have it actually install and interface with CB properly? :/

No it shouldn't! So why don't you write one?

;)

• dartagnan
  • dartagnan
17 years 3 months ago #40028 by dartagnan
Replied by dartagnan on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
Hello, I tried the last plugin proposed by chelby.
Apparently, [code:1].$pictures[0]->owner_name.[/code:1] does not lead to anything. It says in the coppermine tab see all of 's pictures and the search gives of course mothing as a result because it searchines "" (nothing).
Do you know where the problem might be from?
(coppermine 1.4.10, joomla1.0.12, last cb, artio joomsef and other components...)
thanks for any help
if you want to have a look, my website is www.asian-addict.com

ps: I installed firsdt the other plugin and then just copied this new plugin by ftp instead of the old one, don't know if this may lead to any problem regarding my issue...

Post edited by: dartagnan, at: 2007/06/24 20:02

Planet Asia Asian tradition culture and community

• sidewalk
  • sidewalk
17 years 2 months ago #41428 by sidewalk
Replied by sidewalk on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
OOH I'm so close!!! I installed the latest of this plugin and I have the tab working - and in the tab I see the image as an X but it returns the description of the image so I know something is right. What do I have to do to get the x be the actual image???

Thanks anyone for helping me with this - you can see it here: gator284.hostgator.com/~liartgrp/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=63&Itemid=33

Thanks everyone!!

Post edited by: sidewalk, at: 2007/07/22 21:15
Attachments:

17 years 2 months ago #41486 by blitzdigital
Replied by blitzdigital on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
Hey,
I've installed chelby's plugin and it works great for me EXCEPT that it seems to be displaying the FIRST 10 photos uploaded by each member instead of the LAST 10. Any idea of why this could be happening?

thanks,
Tony

edit: actually, it may not even be the first 10 photos. But it definitely doesn't show the most recent 10 that were uploaded for each user, and they are in ascending order. Hmmm....

Post edited by: blitzdigital, at: 2007/07/23 15:54

Post edited by: blitzdigital, at: 2007/07/23 16:05

17 years 2 months ago #41489 by blitzdigital
Replied by blitzdigital on topic Re:Coppermine Plugin
Well, I modified the sql statement in the plugin php file slightly and I was able to "fix" this in my situaion (to display the most recent 10 photos of the user). Line 34 now reads:

[code:1]$sql = "select pid, filepath, filename, owner_id, owner_name, title, caption from ".$tp."pictures where approved='YES' and owner_id=".$user->id." order by ctime desc limit ".$limit;[/code:1]

The ORDER BY statement at the end is what I added. Hope this helps people who had the same problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon