Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Privacy plugin

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 1 month ago #111594 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Privacy plugin
Mandig wrote:

Dear Krileon,

my problem with CB Privacy plugin is everywhere. I mean that I do have the problem with a delimiter field tab but I also have it with other tabs related to some plugins installed.

Actually the privacy plugin is not fully working because it hide the selectable options but keep the tab heading (title).

I bought a T-shirt where there is "IN KRILEON WE TRUST" written on it so I really count on your help. ;)

Thanks.

Reviewed your setup and privacy plugin is working fine. You've moved a vital CB field to an unpublished tab, which broke user management (backend) and profile edit (frontend).

Others experiencing similar issues please ensure you're not placing vital fields (Name, Formatname, First/Middle/Last Name, Username, Email, Password) on inaccessible areas. If you do NOT want them shown on profile edit, then use CSS to hide them, but you can NOT remove them entirely or you will break your site.

If anyone is continuing to have issues then PM me backend access and will review your setup. But to avoid wasting time PLEASE double check your configurations and TRIPLE check your CB Privacy configuration, it's possible you are misunderstand its usage.

CB Privacy - Allows users to control privacy of fields or tabs on their profiles. The USER selects who may see their tabs/fields. This does not work the same as CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection! Also keep in mind YOU hiding your OWN tab/field will NOT hide it from your self nor will it hide it from administrators. So please keep this in mind when testing it.

Note: There is a frontend edit bug in CB Privacy 1.0 RC. This is fixed in upcoming release. So if you're having issues with disabling frontend edit and it is NOT working, we are aware of the issue and it IS fixed for next release of plugin.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/18 18:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• santapec
  • santapec
15 years 4 weeks ago #111830 by santapec
Replied by santapec on topic Re:CB Privacy plugin
Great! I suspected it was a bug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon