Skip to Content Skip to Menu

ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login

• ysva
  • ysva
16 years 9 months ago #54716 by ysva
Replied by ysva on topic Re:ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login
Nant is right.
I've already thought about how you can 'create sessions'. If the profilebook were to be on a page of it's own (I've already mastered how to do this, and I'm adding an extra page for a user's pictures), then the last visit could easily be implemented into the links to that profilebook page.

On posting a new entry by someone else: '+1'
All the links can show: 'My Profilebook (1)'
On visiting the profilebook page: 'reset to 0'

I believe the user is smart enough to distinguish new posts from old ones, so it won't be needed to give them a special 'new item' layout as is the case in forums.

PM's are even easier to 'create sessions' with, because if you click on the PM to read it, you will go to a page of the PM itself. And because every PM has it's own ID, you can set it 'read' on visiting the page of the PM (so clicking the link to the PM page - don't confuse it with the inbox page!)

If you want to show the total amount of unread PM's a user has, you can count all the PM's with 'unread'. Et voilá. (:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ysva
  • ysva
16 years 9 months ago #54718 by ysva
Replied by ysva on topic Re:ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login
yustar wrote:

I read in other posts, the main problem of this future is, that CB dont know which entry in PB is a new one, so displaying isnt possible.

Maybe it's time for a new version of PB :whistle:
maybe full ajax intergrated... :whistle: :blush:

maybe we could find a few members who will pay for it, so the work could be faster done. :)

Needed Features:
- Official IMG link correction
(you can find this here in the forum, but the CB Plugin in download area isn't up to date, so you have to do this by yourself.)
- Integrate Youtube Links to show videos
- Notify for new posts in mod_login module
- Full AJAX-fied
- Border of the writer in case of his SEX (Man/Woman)

:cheer:

Ajax - is already in my Todolist

IMG link correction - what's wrong with it? O.o I've rewritten the image links in my site so they only show up in a fixed size and when clicked on them they open in Lightbox

Youtube - That's optional to the site owner, I've created a global site code with [youtube][/youtube] which works on the places I want it to work, so the profilebook doesn't have to change that

Notify - Told that already

Sex - Depends on information shown about the user, that's already possible and easy to add.

• yustar
  • yustar
16 years 8 months ago #54890 by yustar
Replied by yustar on topic Re:ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login
Could you tell me more info about the YOUTUBE function?
Well, i tested in profilebook, didn't work.

Changes in Profilebook:
I think AJAX would be the most important update, which
should be done.

At the end, i have to say, PB is a very good feature for CB!!! :) Good work!

Post edited by: yustar, at: 2008/01/22 10:34

• user8600
  • user8600
16 years 7 months ago #59159 by user8600
Replied by user8600 on topic Re:ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login
In cbe this future works with the integrated profilebook.

The login modul shows new guestbook entries, new messages in the pms (link in cb-login too) and new connection requests...

The CBE-gallery 1.3 is also better then the nants gallery.

Each entry in the guestbook table has an status field:

$query = "SELECT count(status) FROM #__comprofiler_mambome_gbook WHERE status='0' AND userid=$my->id";
$database->setQuery( $query );
$gb_count = $database->loadResult();

The only problem is that on every own profile visit the status must be set to "0". And this must be in the cb-core...

Otherwise the variable can be set to "0" with a click on the gb-entry. The new entry coud be bold and with a click on it it changes to normal and sets the status to "0". This doent'n need a core-change of the cb. Or an button to mark it as read like the delete or the unpublish button....

• all3njg
  • all3njg
16 years 7 months ago #59348 by all3njg
Replied by all3njg on topic Re:ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login
so do I put

$query = "SELECT count(status) FROM #__comprofiler_mambome_gbook WHERE status='0' AND userid=$my->id";
$database->setQuery( $query );
$gb_count = $database->loadResult();

in to my cd_login and thats all??

im sorta new to this...

• user8600
  • user8600
16 years 7 months ago #59367 by user8600
Replied by user8600 on topic Re:ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login
Not with the cb_profilebook...

I made a new datafield 'status' tinyint(3) default = '0' in the table #__jos_comprofiler_profilebook

with each new entry I have now a new field in the table with status '0' (0=unread).

Now I work on the cb.profilebook.php

In the guestbook you habe the buttons delete, unpublish, publish. I have a new button mark read/ mark unread.
Reading this status works good. If i manuelly set the status to '1' it shows mark unread otherwise it shows mark read.

I added at line 485 (or so, behind check publish)

if($item->status==0) {
$status=null;
$statusLink="<a href=\"javascript:document.actionForm".$k.".formaction".$k.".value='status';document.actionForm".$k.".status".$k.".value=1;document.actionForm".$k.".submit();\">".Mark read."</a>";
}
else {
$status = "checked=\"checked\"";
$statusLink="<a href=\"javascript:document.actionForm".$k.".formaction".$k.".value='status';document.actionForm".$k.".status".$k.".value=0;document.actionForm".$k.".submit();\">".Mark read."</a>";
}

and changed this...

$return .= "<a href=\"javascript:if (confirm('".str_replace("'","\\'",_pb_DeleteAreYouSure)."')) { document.actionForm".$k.".formaction".$k.".value='delete';document.actionForm".$k.".submit(); }\">"._pb_Delete
."</a> | ".$publishLink." | ".$statusLink;

}

This shows the button mark read/unread correct.

But now I have to add a new hidden field into the form: (Line 474)

."<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"".$this->_getPagingParamName("status")."\" id=\"status".$k."\" value=\"1\" />"

And now I have a problem....
How to update the table field??? But I'm working on.
Showing the read/unread status works correct...

Post edited by: user8600, at: 2008/03/20 21:41
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon