Skip to Content Skip to Menu

ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login

• Luff
  • Luff
15 years 3 months ago #104998 by Luff
Replied by Luff on topic Re:ProfileBook 1.0 - notify in cb_login
I installed the modified plugin and so far it works as it is supposed to work in the frontend, however I could see problems with the email notification of this plugin. Whenever there is a new entry you get an email sent, but the text in there is not correct and makes absolutely no sense. Is it possible to turn the email notifaction off as I think it is enough if the user sees that there are unread messages when he logs in? Is this only working with profilebook 1.0 or is there also a modification possibility for the latest version, available for doc subsxcribers?

Besides I was wondernig if it is not possible to show new entries istead of unread entries? I am a newbee in coding, however I think about a string which does the following:

If user logs in -> check last login date -> compare last login date with posting dates in profilebook -> if last login date is smaller than posting date then display message in cb login module...

i would be happy if someone could make hiomself some thoughts about this approach as it would avoid the need to mark a message as read to make the message dissapear...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon