Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Anjel Integration

• manolao
  • manolao
18 years 5 months ago #12052 by manolao
Replied by manolao on topic Re:Anjel Integration
Mitico!!!!!

(Italian words of appreciation toward someone corresponding at groovy, cool, great... if you know Homer Simpson, well, after his "deh-ih-doh-uh" in the Italian version he says "miticooo"... which word is used in the original one?)

anyway.. just wanted to say thx a lot for this wonderful CB-Anjel plug-in... it solves sooo many troubles with joomla mailing system!!!

GRAZIE!
m.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ben_emo
  • ben_emo
18 years 5 months ago #12113 by ben_emo
Replied by ben_emo on topic Re:Anjel Integration
Haha awesome thanks! And I think the word you are looking for is 'Woohoo!' ( in the English Simpsons ) Mitico sounds good too though :D

Post edited by: ben_emo, at: 2006/05/10 02:10

• dpk
  • dpk
18 years 2 months ago #18592 by dpk
Replied by dpk on topic Re:Anjel Integration
How does this plugin handle subscriptions of users who have been banned or not yet confirmed? The comparable Yanc plugin keeps any existing user subscribed as long as they have not unsubscribed themselves.

• ben_emo
  • ben_emo
18 years 2 months ago #18602 by ben_emo
Hi dpk,

A good question - I'm not totally sure. However I based this plugin on the YANC one so it may well mirror that behaviour.

Would that be a good or a bad thing? What sort of behaviour would you like to see?

Cheers,
Ben.

• dpk
  • dpk
18 years 2 months ago #18603 by dpk
Replied by dpk on topic Re:Anjel Integration
I posted an artifact about this yesterday on the forge for the Yanc plugin.

I think the ideal situation would be for users to be off the mailing list (or on hold) until they are approved. But I guess this would require a change to the mailer component, not the plugin. The mailer subscriber manager would have to flag subscribed users whose registration is not approved/who are "blocked."

I'm thinking about switching to Anjel now since Yanc's stats don't work for me, and more importantly the browser has to be open a long time to send out the mails.

Is Anjel in active development, and are you working on it? The one big thing it really lacks is an import/export function to backup the subscriber list and (most importantly) import yanc lists. I can work around this and probably get a programmer to do the import, but it might be a nice standard feature.

The one good thing about Letterman that Yanc and Anjel both lack is the way you can just click on article titles in the composer and they appear in the text entry box. No cut and paste!

• ben_emo
  • ben_emo
18 years 2 months ago #18604 by ben_emo
Actually, checking my code, when the CB activation happens (which is either when the user activates manually, or if you've turned activation off in CB then this happens automatically right after registration) my plugin sets the Anjel user data (in an Anjel table) to confirmed - so my gut feeling is that this'll apply directly to Anjel and that Anjel won't sent email to unconfirmed people.

I'm not sure if Anjel continues to send mail if you close the browser window - although I've heard discussions about this before.

Re. is Anjel still in development - it *is*, but the dev. has been very busy and there's been very little activity on Anjel. We actually run a heavily modified version of 0.6.0 where we've applied a number of fixes and additions of our own.

Re. data import & export - Anjel does have this functionality, it's not perfect - it just imports/exports a list of names and email addresses (and some other general settings) but not a list of which newsletters they're subscribed to, but it can be useful nonetheless. It probably wouldn't be too involved to hack the import/export functions to take account of a users subscriptions.

Lastly, there is a feature in Anjel where you can attach content items to a newsletter by selecting them from a list, and another feature where you can attach files to the outgoing emails.

HTH and thanks for your comments!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon