Skip to Content Skip to Menu

profilebook - option to not display name and email

• meisay
  • meisay
17 years 8 months ago #29829 by meisay
Removing .$pEmail from line 422 in cb.profilebook.php will remove the email from comments already posted.

To remove the "Name: username Email: emailaddy" when users are commenting you have to comment out other lines in the same file.

So add // in front of lines 611 612 614 615 617

*Feature Request for future updates: There should be an option to hide email and name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• montana
  • montana
17 years 8 months ago #29841 by montana
Dont work i get this error if i do this lines with //

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting T_FUNCTION in C:\xampplite\htdocs\joomla\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbprofilebook\cb.profilebook.php on line 625

• meisay
  • meisay
17 years 8 months ago #29923 by meisay
It works for me

Make sure you're commenting out these lines only:

[code:1]$htmltext .= "\n<tr><td class=\"titleCell\" >"._pb_Name.":<br /><input class=\"inputbox\" type=\"text\" name=\"".$this->_getPagingParamName("postername"«»)."\" value=\"".htmlspecialchars($item->postername)."\" /></td>";[/code:1]

[code:1]$htmltext .= "<td class=\"titleCell\" >"._pb_Email.":<br /><input class=\"inputbox\" type=\"text\" name=\"".$this->_getPagingParamName("posteremail"«»)."\" value=\"".htmlspecialchars($item->posteremail)."\" /></td></tr>";[/code:1]

[code:1]$htmltext .= "\n<tr><td class=\"titleCell\" >"._pb_Name.":<br /><input class=\"inputbox\" type=\"hidden\" name=\"".$this->_getPagingParamName("postername"«»)."\" value=\"".htmlspecialchars($item->postername? $item->postername : getNameFormat($curruser->name,$curruser->username,$ueConfig))."\" />".htmlspecialchars($item->postername? $item->postername : getNameFormat($curruser->name,$curruser->username,$ueConfig))."</td>";[/code:1]

[code:1]$htmltext .= "<td class=\"titleCell\" >"._pb_Email.":<br />";[/code:1]

[code:1]$htmltext .= "<input class=\"inputbox\" type=\"hidden\" name=\"".$this->_getPagingParamName("posteremail"«»)."\" value=\"".($item->posteremail?htmlspecialchars($item->posteremail):$curruser->email)."\" />".($item->posteremail?htmlspecialchars($item->posteremail):getFieldValue('text',$curruser->email,$curruser));[/code:1]

• montana
  • montana
17 years 8 months ago #30001 by montana
Yess it works! thank you! :P :P :P

• montana
  • montana
17 years 7 months ago #32005 by montana
I just wanted tell: since i commented out the email.
My user writes many more times entrys to the guestbooks than before!.. :)

• taite11
  • taite11
17 years 7 months ago #33319 by taite11
I did the above and then decided to just remove the whole left column with any user info.

I did this by:

- commenting out the line around 356 and changing the width for line 357 from 70% to 100%.

[code:1]//$return .= "\n<td style=\"width:30%;\">"._pb_NameHeader."</td>";
$return .= "\n<td style=\"width:100%;\">"._pb_EntryHeader."</td>";[/code:1]

- commenting out line 390

Moderators: beatnantkrileon