Skip to Content Skip to Menu

gigCalendar Plugin

• hedingsi
  • hedingsi
18 years 9 months ago #2648 by hedingsi
Replied by hedingsi on topic Re:gigCalendar Plugin
the nonplusultra for the gigcalendar would be a possibility for the users to register to a gig (with a modul or something like this where the peoples listet who registered for this event.)
for me is the calendar per user no so importent.
:P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 9 months ago #2666 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:gigCalendar Plugin
Hi hedingsi,

That 'registration' feature is why I'm looking most closely at Attend Events over at developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/attendevents

The way Attend Events appears to work is that it relates the id of an event table with 'session' data relevant to registering to an event (like attendance limits, registration publishing dates, and the event's status, among others), then allows users to submit an RSVP to a particular session. So a single recurring event could have many sessions, and one session could have many users signed up (registrations).

There's more planned for it on the roadmap, and it's still being developed, but what's most important about this component is that it's set up in a way that it has the potential to pluck event rows from any component with an event table: Events, Extcal, GigCalendar, etc. to create sessions and registrations. CB integration is in the mix as well, though it's not too clear to me from their configuration options how that would work or could be presented in a plugin.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• hedingsi
  • hedingsi
18 years 9 months ago #2685 by hedingsi
Replied by hedingsi on topic Re:gigCalendar Plugin
I found a modified events component with registering included
mamboforge.net/projects/eventsreg/

There is only one bad thing: no possibility to show to everyone hows registered for a event. (only in Backend viewable as cvs).
im sure theres a posibility to progam a display module or something like a module.

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 9 months ago #2690 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:gigCalendar Plugin
Neat. Never had seen this in Mamboforge, though it doesn't look like the project's been actively developed. I took a quick look at the scripts added on for registrations and a lot of the outputs are hard-coded.

Back to GigCalendar. Looks like it would need at least a user id field added somewhere (in the bands or venues table?) to hook it to CB using a plugin.

<add>Looking at the GigCalendar forums and the tracker, it looks like user submissions are the popular feature request (along with localization :) )

gigcalendar.net/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,62/func,view/id,5/catid,3/
</add>

Post edited by: pointri, at: 2005/12/23 07:24

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• gypsydogg
  • gypsydogg
18 years 2 months ago #17888 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:gigCalendar Plugin
I don't think GigCalendar is better than Ext Calendar, they serve two different needs. I am personally using both of them, and I'm glad they are seperate, because I don't want to mix the two. But what would be great is if Community Builder could link the profile to the band.

Post edited by: gypsydogg, at: 2006/07/31 03:27

gypsydogg

• gypsydogg
  • gypsydogg
18 years 2 months ago #18995 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:gigCalendar Plugin
Does anybody have the gigcalendar plugin?

gypsydogg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon