Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Google Map Plugin

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
18 years 9 months ago #3852 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Google Map Plugin
Andy -- that picture made my day. Good luck with your problem; I'll read around and see if I can figure something out...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hfhs
  • hfhs
18 years 8 months ago #5622 by hfhs
Replied by hfhs on topic Re:Google Map Plugin
Maybe we can get dhpollack to come back here and give us a little help on the CB plugin. I've got the map portion of it working pretty good with a little playing around. I'm using it on a school alumni site to show the location of feeder schools. If anyone wants to see it in action go to this link:

REMOVED

What I can't figure out is how to get the CB Geocoder to work so that I can plot the location of users address, city, state on the map. I keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Non-static method getGeocoderTab::checkLatLong() cannot be called statically in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_geocoder/geocoder.php on line 148

This error comes when I click update the Geocoder tab in CB

Post edited by: hfhs, at: 2007/11/14 16:51

• dhpollack
  • dhpollack
18 years 7 months ago #7377 by dhpollack
Replied by dhpollack on topic Re:Google Map Plugin
Sorry, that's a problem with PHP5 that I don't really know how to solve. If someone could help me out with that it'd be really helpful.

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 5 months ago #10971 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Google Map Plugin

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• dc006uk
  • dc006uk
18 years 4 months ago #15636 by dc006uk
Replied by dc006uk on topic Re:Google Map Plugin
andyahoo wrote:

I see that you said the manual entering doesn't work. What do I do with it? In the admin there are fields for address, state and so on. How is each user supposed to update his position?

Hey folks, does anybody know how to get this work.?
What shell I fill in to Geocoder PlugIn parameters?
Address field: Cisty Field: etc.?

I wpuld like to have this on the user tab.

Anyone?

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 4 months ago #15662 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Google Map Plugin
I don't think you can put it on the user tab, but you can put users on the map.

I actually succeeded in setting this up, but it's been too long for me to remember exactly what I did. However, I do remember that when you're playing around with it, remember to clear your browse cache everytime you try something. Otherwise, you get bad XML data in the cache and it doesn't clear on refresh, at least in Internet Explorer. Also, the author gives a URL that cause the XML data to be generated over again. Assign that to a menu button so that you don't end up downloading bad xml data over and over again. This xml file is cached so that it doesn't have to be remade by the server in its entirety with each page request. Good idea, but it really complicates troubleshooting the set up.

My strategy was

1. make a change.
2. regenerate the xml file
3. clear the cache
4. refresh the page.

Finally it worked and I could get users to show up. But.....no one wants to give out their address on the net. So......unless your users are business people or businesses who WANT to give an address, don't count on getting much data.

Raj

Moderators: beatnantkrileon