Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
17 years 9 months ago #28851 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
Tim230981 wrote:

Hi there,

You create a real nice piece of code but I have a short question ...
Is it possible, that the amount of KARMA is influencd by different action within the CB or joomla?

For example: When someone have done a positive invitation, he should get 50 KARMA-points OR the more a User fills his profile he will get more KARMA-starting-points. (Profile-picture = extra points as well)

kind regards...

sorry for my bad english.. :whistle:

This is a good idea and I've thought of something similar as I have prizes each month to the karma winners. I would like to see rewards for people uploading images to their profiles, making bog or forum posts, inviting other users etc.... That would be a LOT of work though.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim230981
  • Tim230981
17 years 9 months ago #28854 by Tim230981
Replied by Tim230981 on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
Hey,

I wish I had a point to step in. A kind of Idea how to increase the KARMA points in the SQL Table out of a plugin (like the invitation-tool)

A kind of interface would be perfect, so that a lot of other developer could include this feature to there work.

I hope u know what I mean. If there is a simple to use interface, every kind of plugin could use this one and the user could decide to activate the karmafeature for the different plugins. :silly:

Let get into the invitation-tool... It shouldn't be so hard to include a function that execute a simple Query that put 50 points to your KARMA Field,after the invite is confirmed, right?

Until know I havent view your source in detail. May be you can give a hind, where we can go on with development.

greetings

Post edited by: Tim230981, at: 2007/01/12 01:27

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
17 years 9 months ago #28855 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
My programmer Marc is one who developed an invite plugin. He'd know the code well. Maybe he'd be able to combine the two easier.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

• Tim230981
  • Tim230981
17 years 9 months ago #28856 by Tim230981
Of course! That will be the easiest way for this specific problem! Which plugin is this? Iam on the search for a another invite plugin because the one I got, have to be modified (hacked) to work with my joomla. Not the way it should be :lol:

Search for a simple one ;)

greetings

• airnikez
  • airnikez
17 years 9 months ago #29173 by airnikez
Replied by airnikez on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
Hi mediaguru,

Thanks so much for the plugin. I really enjoy the karma plugin. I would like to see the karma system integrated with smf, so whenever a user post a message in the forum, the user earns a karma, or when a user post photos in the rsgallery, the users earns karma. Basically, I would like it to be able to automatically earn karma points as the user interact with the site.

Can you work with your programmer Marc to enhance this karma plugin? I'm willing to chip in and pay for his work! I'm sure other here in this forums would be interested as well!

Thanks,
Eric

mediaguru wrote:

Karma Component, Modules and Plugin Released!

Marc Galang (my programmer) and I are ready to release the Karma Suite. There are 3 basic parts to the Joomla/CB Karma suite:

1. There's a component with back end controls for editing user's monthly and total karma, along with the day lock.
2. There are two modules for displaying karmas on your site.
3. There's a Community Builder plugin for voting and displaying the karma in the user's CB profile.

The Karma component configuration allows you to set the day lock. This is how many days between user votes. There is IP tracking to prevent people from voting for themselves under different usernames.

The Karma component management allows you to select individual users and modify their monthly or total(what I call yearly) karma. Management also allows for the resetting of all monthly or total karmas of individual or all users.

Component download:
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/com_karma.zip

There are two modules. The monthly and yearly modules allow you to show as many positive and negative karmas as you want. You can display positive, negative or both karmas. You can also input text and html in the module footer text for display below the karmas ratings. Karmas can be shown by username or name.

Modules download:
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/mod_karma_monthly.zip
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/mod_karma_yearly.zip

The Karma Community Builder plugin places a tab in the user's CB profile. Inside the tab you can give the user positive or negative karma using the thumbs up or thumbs down icons. The user's monthly and total karma is also shown in the same tab.

CB Karma Plugin Donwload:
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/plug_cbkarma.zip

I only take credit for the ideas and part of the code in the modules, and for paying my programmer Marc Galang for his work. Marc did all the code. I recommend hiring Marc for your custom joomla development. He's quick and reasonably priced. He can be found at www.galangph.com/ .

I've decided to release this system as a thank you to the Community Builder community. I'm accepting paypal donations to help me recoup some of my expenses.

If you want to see this thing in action, go to my golf networking site: www.thegolfspace.com

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2006/12/12 04:50

• Tim230981
  • Tim230981
17 years 9 months ago #29191 by Tim230981
That was the idea that i got before.

There are several ways to do so. I found a way, a couple of hours ago, to cobine the karmasystem of the Joomlaboard with the karmasuite. (For your board it should not be much harder to do so.)

At my site these points named FOPS and these fops can now be earned by getting "thumbs up" in JB or via the KARMA TAB in the CB.
Furthermore I'am working on a solution to earn FOPS (karma) by inviting people to the site.
I got such a solution but it works not perfect. Hope I can tell u more about that soon.

kind regards

Post edited by: Tim230981, at: 2007/01/17 01:00

Moderators: beatnantkrileon