Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!

17 years 2 weeks ago #47055 by Mike McKeown
Replied by Mike McKeown on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
cemainickam wrote:

hey , i think this is the fix for the plugin ;)

Delete the regular karma plugin and install the new one ;) :P no need to thnk me 2 min job and i'm not a coder

Attachment plug_cbkarma.zip not found

Post edited by: cemainickam, at: 2007/07/10 16:38

Kay, so now I broke it... he he...I break things quite often...

I delete the plug in, like it in this post, and now I cant re-install it... it just sais the folder already exists, so how the hell do I get it back in??

Better yet could someone recomend a step by step removal kit...

Mike

I really should be fishing...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• travisdh
  • travisdh
17 years 1 day ago #48350 by travisdh
Replied by travisdh on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
Just have to say i love this component, its great to see a simple and nice karma component that has the community builder plugin.

A quick question, and apologies if it seams very simple, i am a complete newbie to joomla and to programming and really everything.

I noticed that you can rate users through the community builder plugin, and looking through how it worked it is smart that it prevents users from adding karma to themselves, but i was wondering if anyone had the code that would allow me to add karma points to a users balance based on posts, like if a user posts a link then i hack the code so that it adds one point to their monthly karma.

Sorry if it seams so simple, bear with me, i know nothing lol.

Oncec again congrats on a great component!

Thanks,

Trav Hale

• travisdh
  • travisdh
17 years 17 hours ago #48427 by travisdh
anyone with some programming experience want to have a quick peek at this code and tell me where i am going wrong, lol sorry about this.

thanks

### Update Karma of user submitting content

$points = 5;
$database->setQuery( "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__karma_tb WHERE `user_id`=".$my->id );
$count = $database->loadResult();
// Selects the current user from the karma table based on $my->id
$sql = "UPDATE #__karma_tb SET `var_karma`=`var_karma`+$points, `total_karma`=`total_karma`+$points WHERE `user_id`=".$my->id;
//Add points to the current users total karma and monthly karma
$database->setQuery($sql);
$database->query();

Thanks,

Trav Hale

• travisdh
  • travisdh
16 years 11 months ago #49930 by travisdh
Hello Everyone,

After looking at the Karma component and plug-in i must say i was very impressed and thought what a great component but it needed a few little extra pieces, so i spoke to the developer about a custom modification to the suite. Bear in mind this is suited to my site so alot of the features are not all round sadly, but for those who want a system that will automatically generate points to users for doing certian tasks this may be helpful for you.

The component uses a mambot to check which component is being called and for what task, and based on that task it then generates x number of points (set through component configeration) to the user.

At the moment, points are award able for Registration (Only through CB), Updating your profile (CB), submitting content, submitting a web-link, and submitting a forum post through the latest fireboard forum.

There are also custom fields in the config and some code that allows you to add or remove x number of points, this is more for growth but if you wanted to use it you would have to insert it directly into the component itself, like a hack i suppose.

The system also generates logs, so you can click on a member and see how many points were added for what task, and there is also a module that shows the logged in users current monthly and total points and a log history of what points were awarded for in the module, where the number of log entries is settable in the module.

I hope this helps some people, because the fields are the same the top karma yearly and monthly modules should still work, but you have to download them, i havent included them in the zip file.

The file can be downloaded from
www.reviewyou.com.au/Karma2_UnzipFirst.zip
If anyone likes it and finds it useful, consider a paypal donation to cover costs, but hope it helps.

To manually add/remove points, you can use the CLASS_karma class and the functions addPoints() and remPoints().

Parameters are:

addPoints($userid, $points, $description) remPoints($userid, $points, $description)

eg.

require_once( $mosConfig_absolute_path .
'/components/com_karma/karma.class.php' ); CLASS_karma::addPoints($my->id, 2, "Description goes here");

To get a point equivalent from a custom configuration point, you can use the getConfig() function.

Parementers are:

getConfig($name)

eg.

$points = CLASS_karma::getConfig("custom1")

Thanks,

Trav Hale

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
16 years 11 months ago #49931 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
WOW! How cool is this? Very cool.

Questions for me (since I'm the original developer, not programmer mind you).

1. Is there limiting to prevent karma fraud? What's to stop a person from uploading 20 pictures to their gallery, getting 20 points, then deleting them and doing it again?

2. Can we see a demo or see it in action somewhere?

Thanks.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

• travisdh
  • travisdh
16 years 11 months ago #49933 by travisdh
I will try and put a demo up sometime soon, i am still learning it at the moment lol, in terms of karma fraud it won't give points when you upload a picture, however when you update profile it will, that is a problem that there is no way to prevent karma fraud, which is where the log system comes in, it is a little annoying i guess but not really something i thought of at the time, and thought that by awarding say 1 karma point for profile update and needing higher karma's for other things it should get around that.

I promise i will put up a demo sometime soon so you can have a look and see how it works and all that stuff.

Thanks,

Trav Hale

Moderators: beatnantkrileon