Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New "Group" Component/Plugin under developement

• Syrinx
  • Syrinx
17 years 7 months ago #31837 by Syrinx
Replied by Syrinx on topic Re:New
Nils wrote:

You can find their current release and Nightly release on their website www.groupjive.org
Now I wish they would make an entry to the Extensions directory so people can find them...

There are no files in the "Current Release" folder and the "Older Releases" just has the alpha version which has a warning to not use it on a production site. :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 7 months ago #31839 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:New
To be very fair to groupjive, even though their current releases are alpha, personally i will rate it as beta, even fit for production if you're a decent joomla administrator (well versed with joomla settings) or comfortable with editing some codes to work with your site. I've deployed groupjive on 3 sites and all went smoothly.

However Nils, if you do wish to add on to the groupjive project, the BIGGEST thing you can do is integrate it with SMF. Now *that* will make many people happy ;)

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

• pintobuck
  • pintobuck
17 years 6 months ago #35493 by pintobuck
Replied by pintobuck on topic Re:New
p9939068

integrate it with SMF. Now *that* will make many people happy

Yes. I uninstalled SMF & bridge, just to use GroupJive and Joomlaboard integration.

p9939068

I've deployed groupjive on 3 sites and all went smoothly.

2 problems I had with GroupJive:
a) Would not display categories or groups until I turned off Artio JoomSEF. So, now I only have Joomla core SEF.
b) Could not integrate GroupJive with Joomlabard.

Would you explain a little more about your GroupJive-Joomlaboard integration?

Thx.

Edit 4/16/2007

Solved both my problems:
a) Replaced Artio JoomSEF with OpenSEF. Then I excluded GroupJive in the backend of OpenSEF.
b) Problem was incomplete setup of GroupJive.
Solution:
I had setup a Forum category for the groups to be created by GroupJive, but I still needed to get the Category ID (CID) and put it in the backend of GroupJive (See Options, "Please enter the number of the Joomlaboard category you have created for GroupJive:")
So I turned off SEF. Navigated to the Forum category. Took the CatID off the URL in the browser, and put that number in the backend of GroupJive. (There is probably an easier way to get the CatID or the CID.)
From then on, new groups in GroupJive also created Topics in the Forum with the same Topic name as the group.

Post edited by: pintobuck, at: 2007/04/17 01:50

Moderators: beatnantkrileon