Skip to Content Skip to Menu

New "Group" Component/Plugin under developement

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
17 years 9 months ago #29075 by mediaguru
UM, is groupJive even a release? There isn't a release in their repository.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nils
  • Nils
17 years 9 months ago #29076 by Nils
You can find their current release and Nightly release on their website www.groupjive.org
Now I wish they would make an entry to the Extensions directory so people can find them...

17 years 9 months ago #29105 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:New "Group" Component/Plugin under developement
Hi NILS

congratulation to your first OWN development project, thats a great stepB)

(unfortunatly I'm far away from these :( )

What do you think about having a talk to Michael (stiggi) ?
He is one of the (three??) developers of Groupjive and a smart german guy too :whistle: (aber sind wir das nicht alle:dry: )

I'm sure that you and the guys from Groupjive will find a way that all your Ideas and force together will push Groupjive from standing in the dark to shining as a star at the joomla sky:woohoo: :laugh: (you should hear me reading a poem:silly: )

by the way here you can find his profile :whistle:

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

• Nils
  • Nils
17 years 9 months ago #29139 by Nils
Thanks for the congratulations. That was something I wanted to do for quite a while but never really had the need of doing as there are so many nice components out there.

Just that I couldn't find a group component. Should have asked the guys around here earlier ;-) But then that would have robbed me of the joy and frustiation that goes along with learning something completly new.

I'm really looking forward for GroupJive's developement, I thing it's really something that's needed out there.

Maybe you should offer yourself as profesional writer for the project: The first joomla component wichs dialogs are poems. Now that would make for some attraction.

Hopefully I will make it to have a look at the GroupJive code tonight and see if I can understand some of it before offering any help. Thanks for the profile link. Message will go out.

And for the smart thing: I can be quite stupid at times... believe me.

Verregenete Grüße aus Oldenburg.

• chac416
  • chac416
17 years 7 months ago #31824 by chac416
where to download this Jgroup... I want to give it a try. Groupjive will take ages before it's stable version is published (they need to get to beta first:p)

17 years 7 months ago #31833 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:New
chac416 wrote:

where to download this Jgroup... I want to give it a try. Groupjive will take ages before it's stable version is published (they need to get to beta first:p)

HEY
GROUPJIVE is pretty cool !!!

please give them a try and feedback for the alpha - they working hard to fix all issues you find in a very short time.

I started with the 73 alpha and was so happy with the result that i put it in that version on my productive business club website ...

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon