Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Captcha testers needed

• nant
  • nant
17 years 5 months ago #37671 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Captcha testers needed
Ok - sent you guys the latest candidate with instructions.

happy testing!
The topic has been locked.
  • schelly
  • schelly
17 years 5 months ago #37678 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:CB Captcha testers needed
I got mine. I'm leaving now for 3 meetings, then will test upon my return.

:woohoo:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!
  • Creator
  • Creator
17 years 5 months ago #37695 by Creator
Replied by Creator on topic Re:CB Captcha testers needed
Have not been around here in a while and did not no you were looking for testers. Would be glad to give a hand. I am also on a shared server.

Database Version: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log
PHP Version: 4.3.10-19
Web Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.10-19
mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_perl/1.999.21
Perl/v5.8.4
WebServer to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ]
GD Support: enabled
GD Version: 2.0 or higher
FreeType Support: enabled
FreeType Linkage: with freetype
T1Lib Support: enabled
GIF Read Support: enabled
GIF Create Support: enabled
JPG Support: enabled
PNG Support: enabled
WBMP Support: enabled
17 years 5 months ago #37702 by aussiemike
Replied by aussiemike on topic Re:CB Captcha testers needed
PHP built On: Linux cpanel.ev1servers.net 2.6.9-42.EL #1 Wed Jul 12 23:16:43 EDT 2006 i686
Database Version: 4.1.21-standard
PHP Version: 4.4.6
Web Server: Apache
WebServer to PHP interface: apache
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable
  • schelly
  • schelly
17 years 5 months ago #37769 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:CB Captcha testers needed
I'm reporting a test on a fresh install of the latest and greatest J! 1.0.13 Release Candidate and a fresh install of the latest and greatest CB 1.0.2 on the following server configuration:

Database Version: 5.0.24a-community-nt
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Web Server: Apache/2.2.3
GD: Enabled (2.0.28 compatible)
WebServer to PHP interface: apache2handler

In every instance but one, CB Captcha works as advertised. I can add new characters to be displayed on the captcha image and, as the instructions outline, the sound then doesn't work. I must turn sound off if I want those characters. If I leave the default character set alone, the vocalization of the captcha image works just fine.

I have tested the captcha image in both a new registration and a password retrieval with 99% positive results. The only time I have been successful in getting it to fail is by turning on the "force https" on the CB Login module. When I use the "force https" I cannot get the vocalization of the captcha image to work at all.

Incidentally, for the testing team of the compatibility between J! 1.0.13 and CB 1.0.2, that https issue still exists. Shall I post it over at the site, or is this sufficient? And, along the same lines, who do I give my test results to for the J! 1.0.13 Release Candidate testing I've done?

Thanks much -- this is an exciting development! If only you could substitute the default Joomla "contacts" module somehow with a CB version using captcha... wow, that would be something!

:side:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!
  • nant
  • nant
17 years 5 months ago #37782 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Captcha testers needed
schelly wrote:

In every instance but one, CB Captcha works as advertised. I can add new characters to be displayed on the captcha image and, as the instructions outline, the sound then doesn't work. I must turn sound off if I want those characters. If I leave the default character set alone, the vocalization of the captcha image works just fine.

true - if you read the backend notes in the plugin area regarding the character set parameters this is stated. Audio segments are only present for a-z. This means that if you add uppercase or numbers the image will work but the audio part will fail.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon