Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Simpleboard forum component is not installed

17 years 3 months ago #40237 by vbsouthern
This is my first install of CB and I do not understand this message. When I look in the backend of Joomla in Components / Community Builder / Plugin Management I find Simpleboard Forum with a green checkmark under Installed it is Published, Access = Public, Type = user, Directory = cb.simpleboardtab

So why am I getting this message (Simpleboard forum component is not installed Please contact your site administrator.) in the Profile tab titled Forum?

When I go to the search Joomlapolis Forums I get referred to information about Joomlaboard. When I go to Joomlaboard I am referred to Fireboard. None of which have any explanation of why I have been referred there.

Is Joomlaboard or Fireboard an update or replacement for Simpleboard or have I missed a step during installation? Wow, am I confused. :blink:

I have installed:
CB ver. 1.0.2
CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2
CB Autowelcome Plugin ver. 1.0.1
JoomlaJoe's CB ProfileBook 1.0
Nant's CB Gallery Plugin 1.0 RC2
Nant's CB Gallery Module 1.0 RC2
CB Captcha Plugin

Could someone explain this to me?

"Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe. Asia, and Africa, have long expelled her. Europe regards her like a stranger, and England hath given her warning to depart."

Thomas Paine - Common Sense - 1774

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
17 years 3 months ago #40240 by nant
vbsouthern wrote:

So why am I getting this message (Simpleboard forum component is not installed Please contact your site administrator.) in the Profile tab titled Forum?

Could someone explain this to me?

The message is clear - you havent installed the forum component.
CB just provides the plugin to the forum component - not the forum itself.

17 years 3 months ago #40254 by vbsouthern
Replied by vbsouthern on topic Re:Simpleboard forum component is not installed
Thank you for replying. At least I know what the problem is. I have one more question. Where is this plugin?

I have looked through all 82 listings on Joomla! Extensions Directory - Extension Specific Plugin / Community Builder Plugins and I can't find it.

I have done a search here on www.joomlapolis.com and I can't find it here.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge. Can you please point me to the place where this plugin can be downloaded?

"Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe. Asia, and Africa, have long expelled her. Europe regards her like a stranger, and England hath given her warning to depart."

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
17 years 3 months ago #40258 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Simpleboard forum component is not installed
The plugin is part of the Community Builder package — it comes standard as part of the regular distribution.

What you require is a forum component.

I would suggest checking out Fireboard, as it is a fork of Joomlaboard and pretty good.

More information here:

www.bestofjoomla.com/

You will of course requre a fireboard plugin, which you can find at the aforementioned site.

17 years 3 months ago #40297 by vbsouthern
Replied by vbsouthern on topic Re:Simpleboard forum component is not installed
Thanks dsendecki,

I will install Fireboard today. These Community Builder plugins/applications look like a great way to handle church websites. I am looking forward to installing Fireboard.

Thanks Again...:)

dsendecki wrote:

The plugin is part of the Community Builder package — it comes standard as part of the regular distribution.

What you require is a forum component.

I would suggest checking out Fireboard, as it is a fork of Joomlaboard and pretty good.

More information here:

www.bestofjoomla.com/

You will of course requre a fireboard plugin, which you can find at the aforementioned site.

17 years 2 months ago #42149 by grumpydruid
Replied by grumpydruid on topic Re:Simpleboard forum component is not installed
could i please get a walkthrough on how to integrate fireboard in this way? i have it installed but i dont see where to tell CB to use it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon