Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Advanced_Search hack & Cb_search mod & Pro

• wazowski
  • wazowski
16 years 4 months ago #65742 by wazowski

Warning: Undefined variable $end_tag_params in /home/joomlapolis824/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321
Replied by wazowski on topic Re:Advanced_Search hack & Cb_search mod &
argh... my site is to big and I try to find the right moment to proceed to the update...

You are right tho... i should not waste my time to find old stuff and i should proceed to the update at first!!!

J'aime

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wazowski
  • wazowski
16 years 3 months ago #66492 by wazowski

Warning: Undefined variable $end_tag_params in /home/joomlapolis824/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321
Replied by wazowski on topic Re:Advanced_Search hack & Cb_search mod &
built-in search ? are you talking of lists?

I dont find anything to search by age interval and avatar "built in" and did not figure out how to put it in module...

J'aime

• nant
  • nant
16 years 3 months ago #66496 by nant

Replied by nant on topic Re:Advanced_Search hack & Cb_search mod &
wazowski wrote:

built-in search ? are you talking of lists?

I dont find anything to search by age interval and avatar "built in" and did not figure out how to put it in module...

CB 1.2 RC has built-in frontend user list searching.

This is described in the documentation.

You need to mark the CB field as searchable first.

• timblack1
  • timblack1
15 years 6 months ago #95726 by timblack1

Replied by timblack1 on topic Re:Advanced_Search hack & Cb_search mod &
I made a module which should accomplish this same goal with CB 1.2, and without requiring the CB Advanced Search component. A key benefit of this module is it is not subject to any of the bugs in CB Advanced Search, because the search results are displayed by Community Builder itself.

But there's a little problem--my module gets CB 1.2 to return search results, but avatar and age range searching do not seem to work correctly. I'm not sure the problem is in my module, though, because CB 1.2's own search feature returns the same (incorrect) results. Perhaps I haven't configured CB 1.2 correctly in some way. The "cb_birthday", "cb_gender", and "avatar" fields are all published and searchable. "cb_birthday" is a date field with the following settings:

Minimum Year shown: -100
Maximum Year shown: -18
Display on profiles as: Age in years
Display N years text: Display just 'N'
If searchable, then search by: Age
Alternate field title for age/time ago/birthday only display: Age
Display Date and time: Date only

Is anything wrong with these settings?

The URL the module creates is like this:

index.php?cb_gender__srmch=is&cb_birthday__srmch=is&option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&Itemid=&limitstart=0&search=&cb_gender=Male&cb_birthday__minval=18&cb_birthday__maxval=30&avatar=1&cb_title__srmch=&cb_title=&cb_eyes__srmch=&cb_eyes=&cb_haircolor__srmch=&cb_haircolor=&cb_height__srmch=&cb_height=&cb_weight__srmch=&cb_weight=&cb_build__srmch=&cb_build=&cb_lookingfor__srmch=&cb_agerangedesired__srmch=&cb_agerangedesired=&cb_myrace__srmch=&cb_racetodate__srmch=&city__srmch=&city=&cb_state__srmch=&cb_state=&cb_country__srmch=&cb_country=&cb_denomination__srmch=&cb_denomination=&occupation__srmch=&occupation=&company__srmch=&company=&location__srmch=&location=&website__srmch=&website=&interests__srmch=&interests=&cb_maritalstatus__srmch=&cb_maritalstatus=&cb_smoking__srmch=&cb_smoking=&cb_drinking__srmch=&cb_drinking=&cb_education__srmch=&cb_education=&cb_onthesubjectofchildren__srmch=&cb_onthesubjectofchildren=&cb_christianwalkage__srmch=&cb_christianwalkage=&cb_docofgraceeffects__srmch=&cb_docofgraceeffects=&cb_quiettime__srmch=&cb_quiettime=&cb_biblicalcharacter__srmch=&cb_biblicalcharacter=&cb_singlecontent__srmch=&cb_singlecontent=&cb_fourqualities__srmch=&cb_fourqualities=&cb_passionate__srmch=&cb_passionate=&cb_mostthankful__srmch=&cb_mostthankful=&cb_othercharacter__srmch=&cb_othercharacter=&cb_mostinfluential__srmch=&cb_mostinfluential=&cb_relationship__srmch=&cb_relationship=&cb_favorites__srmch=&cb_favorites=&cb_work__srmch=&cb_work=&cb_goals__srmch=&cb_goals=&cb_leisure__srmch=&cb_leisure=&cb_live__srmch=&cb_traveled__srmch=&cb_traveled=&cb_family__srmch=&cb_family=&cb_activitiesinterests__srmch=&cb_additionalactivities__srmch=&cb_additionalactivities=&cb_notcovered__srmch=&cb_notcovered=&username__srmch=&username=

Is anything wrong with this URL?

(Eventually the module will read those parameters from the list of published, searchable CB fields.)

If you'd like the module itself, the code is available using the Bazaar VCS using this command:

[code:1]bzr branch lp:mod-cb12-search[/code:1]

I'll publish a downloadable module installer in a minute on launchpad.net/mod-cb12-search . Feel free to contribute, everyone!

• sunnyjey
  • sunnyjey
15 years 5 months ago #95738 by sunnyjey

Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:Advanced_Search hack & Cb_search mod &
Hi timblack1,

Thank you for releasing this module for the free use. I am playing it with this module. But somehow i am not getting correct result. At my test site i have tried to search females in the group of 25-30 by enabling fields in the module, but in result i got list of Males. But still i feel this can be promising module, if cb team help to refine it to show the correct result.

Anyways great job to start.

Can we have an option/field to seach user Name ?

Post edited by: sunnyjey, at: 2009/04/21 08:14

• timblack1
  • timblack1
15 years 5 months ago #95854 by timblack1

Replied by timblack1 on topic Re:Advanced_Search hack & Cb_search mod &
sunnyjey wrote:

But somehow i am not getting correct result. At my test site i have tried to search females in the group of 25-30 by enabling fields in the module, but in result i got list of Males. But still i feel this can be promising module, if cb team help to refine it to show the correct result.

Is your gender field named "cb_gender" in CB? Currently that is what the module expects it to be called. I need to make it so you can configure the name of your gender field in the module's configuration.

Can we have an option/field to seach user Name

Yes. I've added these feature requests to the project's blueprints and targeted them for the 1.0b release.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon