Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)

15 years 3 months ago #105036 by danathomas76
Replied by danathomas76 on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
Ok. I am not understanding why you deleted the master switch. With that said I am going to approach this issue this way. I am going to walk through the steps the best I remember them, hoping to fill in the gaps:

-Install the Module
-Go to CB and create a field with following specs:
Name- cb_cbmasterswitchfield
Title- CB Master Switch Field
Type- Text

-Create a Menu Item
Menu Item Type- Community Builder User Profile
Title- My Profile
Alias- myprofile ***

-Create CB Field
Type- Checkbox
Name- cb_cbcmmyprofile ***
Title- My Profile

- Go to User Management in CB
- Go to the Tab you have assigned all the conditional menu items (I created a tab that teh user does see in their profile)
-CB Master Switch Field = 1
- Click the boxes that you want the user to see.

***This is the where the link is established between the Menu Items and the CB Controls.

If I have missed something please copy and paste these instructions and add what is needed. I tried to simplify the process but I may have left something out. Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbaker
  • rbaker
15 years 3 months ago #105109 by rbaker
Replied by rbaker on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
Ok, now I'm starting to get somewhere.
I've done exactly as you instructed.

Once I finished your last instruction. I logged in using the test user that I set the CB Master Switch Field to 1, and when you log in, it creates a duplicate of my existing main menu.

However it doesn't matter whether any of the users have that CB Master Switch Field set to 1 or 0 or nothing at all, that second duplicate menu shows up.

Anyhow, I created a few more menu items with alias' and CB Fields but they show up no matter what as well.
Doesn't matter if the boxes in Community Builder are ticked or not, these menu items appear.

Thanks for your time and input, I think I'm not far off getting it to work.
Much Appreciated.

15 years 3 months ago #105145 by danathomas76
Replied by danathomas76 on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
I am glad that I helped. I remember beating my head on the keyboard for a while on this one. I did end up creating a module on the left for the conditional menus. I cant remember if I did that because that is what we liked or because it is what worked. I do remember having to tweak the settings in each field and then duplicating them. One other thing, when adding these new menu items to with an existing user base, the users will by default see the menu. So you have to select each user, hit save, and then deselect the items you dont want them to see and hit save. This might have been because of the way I had things setup. One other person said they made these changes directly on the database and it was faster that way. Good luck.

• rlopes
  • rlopes
14 years 1 month ago #142053 by rlopes
Replied by rlopes on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
Thanks for publishing your plugin!
The download link is unavailable, does anyone has the file and can upload it?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon