Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)

• cambler
  • cambler
15 years 3 months ago #103484 by cambler
Replied by cambler on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
danathomas76 wrote:

I did finally get this wrong. I had used the name wrong. Also, with existing users, if you add a menu and by default it is not selected, for some reason the existing users would see the menu until I clicked save in their profile.

Exactly - the second issue is because the field has no value when created, for existing users. This is a bug in CB, in my opinion. When creating a new field, if a default value is given, CB should also set that value for all users when creating the field.

Me, I usually go directly into SQL and do an "UPDATE #__comprofiler SET fieldname=value" to set everyone's value after creating the field.

Like I said, this is a hack, at best, to achieve the functionality until Joomla 1.6 is available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #103485 by danathomas76
Replied by danathomas76 on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
I loved this ability. The company I used this with loved it too, until they laid me off. Oh well. They are still using it. Thanks for doing it.

• cambler
  • cambler
15 years 3 months ago #103486 by cambler
danathomas76 wrote:

I loved this ability. The company I used this with loved it too, until they laid me off. Oh well. They are still using it. Thanks for doing it.

Ouch! That sucks!

• rbaker
  • rbaker
15 years 3 months ago #103544 by rbaker
Replied by rbaker on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
Could one of you that has got it working please tell me where I'm going wrong? Apologies if it's long-winded...

Starting from the start, I install the module and it creates an entry in the Module of type mod_cbcmenu, I give it a Title, in this example "Test". I then go through to the CB Master Switch field, in there I put something, for example "CBMSField".

I already have a menu called "mainmenu" that has items on it. Do I now use the drop down menu for Menu Name and select "mainmenu" to make my already created menu Conditional?

For arguments sake, I have selected that. I change the radio button that says 'Hide menu from Guest' from No to Yes as I don't want this menu to show up unless someone logs in. All the other settings I have left.

At this point I save that and test it out, the Main Menu still shows.

I continue on anyway and create a field in Community Builder. Create field, Check Box (Single), in the name I put cbcmCBMSField, which changes to cb_cbcmCBMSField when I go to the next field. Give it a Title "Test CB", then leave all other settings and hit Save.

I then go to my test user, and make sure it is NOT ticked as I want to make it not show up as it is currently showing up no matter what I do. It is unticked, so I hit Save. Log in using that test account, and the menu is still there.

Is there something I'm not doing right up to this point?

• cambler
  • cambler
15 years 3 months ago #103545 by cambler
Two things. First, don't use the master switch, as you've not said you need it.

Second, I note that you didn't mention that you'd properly set the alias in your menu to correspond with the CB field.

• rbaker
  • rbaker
15 years 3 months ago #104949 by rbaker
Replied by rbaker on topic Re:Module: Conditional Menu (CB-Integrated)
Ok, I've removed the text in the master switch field and deleted that field in Community Builder.

You say I didn't mention about assigning the alias to the menu. Where do I do that? Do I have to go into Menu Manager and create a new menu? Cause when I do that, it puts a new entry in the module manager and the type isn't mod_cbmenu it's mod_mainmenu. Nowhere in the existing one or in that new one does it have anything for an alias.

When I know where to put an alias in, then I can create a field for it in Community Builder to correspond with it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon