Skip to Content Skip to Menu

None is working...

• Altano
  • Altano
15 years 5 months ago #96351 by Altano
None is working... was created by Altano
Hi,

I really do have spent much time on this forum in order to resolve my problems. I didn't find any solution. Most of time (concerning my problems) the solution seems to be sent by PM from the developper... :(
I'm really disappointed.
If I bought a subscrption plan, it was because I was interesting in several plugins. However I quickly realized that none was working. I still don't know why.

1. CB Captcha 2.2 RC4
The image doesn't appear. I just have the following message: "image with security code embeddeb in it". However, the Prerequisites are ok.

2. CB ProfileBook 1.2 RC2, CB Rating Fieldtype 1.0 RC and CB Ajax Text Fieldtype 1.0 RC are not working at all. I mean when I enable their tabs, I can't access to any profile, because I just got a blank page. I still wonder why.

I don't want to blame anyone. I can understand that the developpers are busy. But if I really cannot use correctly CB, I will have to use another community component even if I have to pay for it.
Thanks in advance.

Post edited by: Altano, at: 2009/04/24 15:33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 5 months ago #96361 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:None is working...
Altano wrote:

Hi,

I really do have spent much time on this forum in order to resolve my problems. I didn't find any solution. Most of time (concerning my problems) the solution seems to be sent by PM from the developper... :(
I'm really disappointed.
If I bought a subscrption plan, it was because I was interesting in several plugins. However I quickly realized that none was working. I still don't know why.

1. CB Captcha 2.2 RC4
The image doesn't appear. I just have the following message: "image with security code embeddeb in it". However, the Prerequisites are ok.

2. CB ProfileBook 1.2 RC2, CB Rating Fieldtype 1.0 RC and CB Ajax Text Fieldtype 1.0 RC are not working at all. I mean when I enable their tabs, I can't access to any profile, because I just got a blank page. I still wonder why.

I don't want to blame anyone. I can understand that the developpers are busy. But if I really cannot use correctly CB, I will have to use another community component even if I have to pay for it.
Thanks in advance.

Post edited by: Altano, at: 2009/04/24 15:33

Thank you for letting us know your problem.

Blank page typically means that something is breaking HTML output.

As discussed in various FAQ articles, in most cases the root cause is out of memory at the PHP level.

You should check your webserver error logs to verify this.

Please post your specific details:

+ CB version
+ Joomla version
+ PHP version

and any error log messages you see in your webserver error log (ask your hoster for assistance here).

Someone will help you, if you in turn provide details.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/04/24 15:48

• Altano
  • Altano
15 years 5 months ago #96367 by Altano
Replied by Altano on topic Re:None is working...
- Joomla 1.5.10
- CB 1.2 Stable
- PHP 5.2.9

Concerning the memory limit, I'm not sure it comes from that because I followed the advises in the FAQ section. It didn't work.

I have also discussed with my hosting provider. They couldn't help me, because it was a Joomla issue (accorting to the support team :whistle: ).

If you need the access to the backend, I can PM you the access codes.

Post edited by: Altano, at: 2009/04/24 16:53

• beat
  • beat
15 years 5 months ago #96373 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:None is working...
2 quick replies on your issues:

Re blank page, please check our FAQs:

- www.joomlapolis.com/content/category/5/18/58/

Re CB Captcha 2.2 RC4:

- does your live_site match and is your configuration.php in place ?

(note, moving thread as not cbsubs-related)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• Altano
  • Altano
15 years 5 months ago #96386 by Altano
Replied by Altano on topic Re:None is working...
1. This is the first time I heard about live_site. What is this? How can I see if it matches.

2. Are you talking about the configuration.php in the root directory (for my concerns, it is in the right place) or another file?

3. I really have spent much time with the advises from the FAQ section. I didn't resolve my problem. Maybe you could take a quick look on my server and my backend.

Thanks in advance.

• beat
  • beat
15 years 5 months ago #96393 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:None is working...
For blank page (means hidden error that needs to speak out) specifically:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/58/
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3738/58/

live_site should be set correctly in configuration.php in joomla 1.0 and empty in joomla 1.5. Otherwise both versions fail...

Please try that first and post back the findings :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon