Skip to Content Skip to Menu

None is working...

• nant
  • nant
15 years 5 months ago #97180 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:None is working...
Altano wrote:

FYI: I am not doing this because you are a doc subscriber. If we were to setup a personalized support service rest assured that it would cost much more and we would have to have a much bigger team. Just trying to prove that there is nothing wrong with the CB Team plugins - most likely your environment is at fault somehow.

Look, actually, I'm not asking a personnalized support. And I agree 100% with you that the CB team has no enough staff for that. You have perhaps also reason when you say that my environment is the cause.
But there are plenty of configuration aspects from my server. If I don't know which one, I can't do anything.
As soon as I know the source of the problem, I'll try to solve it by myself.
Thanks for your understanding.

I've sent you a PM.

I see no PM.
Please visit my profile here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,64/Itemid,39/

and send me a private message with URL and backend access.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 5 months ago #97183 by nant
Ok, finally got PM.

For those reading, I will post detail findings so other may benefit from this case.

Might take 5-6 hours, so please stand by.

• Altano
  • Altano
15 years 5 months ago #97188 by Altano
Replied by Altano on topic Re:None is working...
Thanks a lot!!! :)

• nant
  • nant
15 years 5 months ago #97252 by nant
Altano wrote:

Hi,

I really do have spent much time on this forum in order to resolve my problems. I didn't find any solution. Most of time (concerning my problems) the solution seems to be sent by PM from the developper... :(
I'm really disappointed.
If I bought a subscrption plan, it was because I was interesting in several plugins. However I quickly realized that none was working. I still don't know why.

1. CB Captcha 2.2 RC4
The image doesn't appear. I just have the following message: "image with security code embeddeb in it". However, the Prerequisites are ok.

2. CB ProfileBook 1.2 RC2, CB Rating Fieldtype 1.0 RC and CB Ajax Text Fieldtype 1.0 RC are not working at all. I mean when I enable their tabs, I can't access to any profile, because I just got a blank page. I still wonder why.

I don't want to blame anyone. I can understand that the developpers are busy. But if I really cannot use correctly CB, I will have to use another community component even if I have to pay for it.
Thanks in advance.

Post edited by: Altano, at: 2009/04/24 15:33

Posting initial (after first I had to ask for clarifications) user request/problem.

After looking at user backend, I have concluded the following:

#1: Captcha 2.2 RC4 is installed and does not render image in backend check even though prerequisites are green.

Took a look and there is a server error generated:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Checking the server error logs I see this (many more actually - but those are due to other extensions):

[Thu Apr 30 15:06:40 2009] [error] [client 91.132.157.224] SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/XXXXX/components/com_comprofiler/plugin" is writeable by group, referer: http://XXXXXXX/administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=540

This is the only feedback provided by the host. I do not know what this means - you should bring it to your host's attention and hopefully they will give additional information.

#2: ProfileBook 1.2 RC IS NOT INSTALLED! User has installed old profile book. Remove this plugin and download as a doc subscriber latest profilebook plugin (1.2 RC2) here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,161/

Please install this and publish it and continue your testing (please post feedback for others)

#2: CB Rating Fieldtype 1.0 RC is installed and published as a CB plugin. It's description in the plugin area states: CB Stars-Rating FieldType 1.0 RC : A cb fields plugin to add a rating field type to the available cb field types.

I tried to add a new field just to check if the new fieldtype appears but got an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class CBfield_forumstats in /XXXXX/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbkunena/joomlaboard/simpleboardtab/cb.kunenatab.php on line 76

Looks like you installed a bad plugin.

Took a look at existing cb fields and you appear to have 2 of them:

cb_rating and cb_ratings that use this rating fieldtype, but they are currently placed on a non published tab (so they are red and will not appear in frontend). I tried to place one of these fields in the contact info tab, but the SEF the user has installed is not working, so I could never actually see the profile to test.

When I turn on debug (recall I asked the user to do this), I get when trying to view the blank page that the user claimed:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$cb_gender in /XXXXX/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_profileviewres/viewers.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$cb_gender in /XXXXXX/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_profileviewres/viewers.php on line 92

So at least at first glance this problem exists and needs to be fixed.

Also, just try and look at the Pinhead profile from frontend with your Joomla debug mode on. You will see a message that is most likely caused by your SEF install.

At this point, I gave up (after 3 hours of looking).

My honest suggestion: remove components and modules that you have installed but are not using. These just place extra overhead and problems (look at your error log to see what is happening). Also, do not enable SEF unless you have everything working first.

Sorry, I cannot help any more.

I have retested all CB Doc offered plugins to verify that on clean installations everything works just fine.

I hope you can get someone to help you with your site. The only thing I can say is that if your host gives feedback on the captcha issue, let us know in order to perhaps work around any host specific issues.

• Altano
  • Altano
15 years 5 months ago #97649 by Altano
Couldn't take the time to analyze your results. I have actually a huge problem with my website.
I'll keep you inform as soon as I can.

• Altano
  • Altano
15 years 5 months ago #97678 by Altano
I'VE FOUND THE CAUSE!!!!!!! B)

There was a problem with the registration process, so I decided to rebuild the website.
Surprisingly, all the Docsubs plugins were working. Then I installed and enabled the french language for Joomla. Then the profile page became blank.

SO THE JOOMLA LANGUAGE FILE IS THE CAUSE.
In my case, French Language 1.5.10

Now, it'll be very helpful to solve this problem.
Any idea?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon