Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB User Manager. Can't edit users.

• lfys
  • lfys
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #163023 by lfys
Replied by lfys on topic Re: CB User Manager. Can't edit users.
Suddenly I have the same problem, although only with the users I put in a different group through the default (!) user mamagement of Joomla...

oops... not entirely true.

The problem only arises with the users I have put in a different user group anyway
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by lfys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfys
  • lfys
13 years 5 months ago #163099 by lfys
Replied by lfys on topic Re: CB User Manager. Can't edit users.
... not entirely true either ...

see this bug report

13 years 3 months ago #170490 by skypilot757
Replied by skypilot757 on topic Re: CB User Manager. Can't edit users.
Hey everyone, I was having this problem and I fixed it.

When you sync your super user acct. from joomla, it's registered under "multiple categories" which includes super user, administrator, author etc...

It might be a bug within CB, but if you go to the Joomla user manager and you select ONLY Super Users as the group that you belong to, then you'll be able to view accounts and manage them within the CB user manager.

I have no idea why your CB account inherits the lowest access, but that seems to be the way it is

13 years 3 months ago #170638 by robbiedamonkey
Replied by robbiedamonkey on topic Re: CB User Manager. Can't edit users.
haha machine40 i could kiss you...you really helped me out.

to all those out there this isn't community builder but joomla 1.6
I've been doing a bit of forum browsing and its happening everywhere.
take machine40's advice and put yourself as just super user and then make a new account to log into your site..it sucks that you'll have to have to accounts but hey it works :)

11 years 6 months ago #224680 by Computer Candy
Replied by Computer Candy on topic Re: CB User Manager. Can't edit users.

skypilot757 wrote: Hey everyone, I was having this problem and I fixed it.

When you sync your super user acct. from joomla, it's registered under "multiple categories" which includes super user, administrator, author etc...

It might be a bug within CB, but if you go to the Joomla user manager and you select ONLY Super Users as the group that you belong to, then you'll be able to view accounts and manage them within the CB user manager.

I have no idea why your CB account inherits the lowest access, but that seems to be the way it is

robbiedamonkey wrote: haha machine40 i could kiss you...you really helped me out.

to all those out there this isn't community builder but joomla 1.6
I've been doing a bit of forum browsing and its happening everywhere.
take machine40's advice and put yourself as just super user and then make a new account to log into your site..it sucks that you'll have to have to accounts but hey it works :)

I am using Community Builder 1.9 with Joomla 2.5.9 and this still happens. If a user is in more than 2 user groups, they are limited by the access of their lowest access user group rather than inheriting the access of their highest access user group. I have no idea why this is, but it is.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I need some of my users to be in multiple groups and this obviously keeps them from being able to moderate.

11 years 6 months ago #225694 by Computer Candy
Replied by Computer Candy on topic Re: CB User Manager. Can't edit users.
Anyone have any updates on this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon