Skip to Content Skip to Menu

School systems

13 years 3 months ago #170462 by youthknight
School systems was created by youthknight
Hi There
Ive been using joomla for a while now, doing small easy sites but was now asked to do a site for a school that requires each student(actually their parents) to be able to log into their own "profile" to access exam poins, merits, detentions, attendance register, teacher comments on the specific student time tables, etc,
Will i be able to achieve this with community builder? please any idees welcome?
See the thing is i dont want to have to register each student individually, i want like a exell spead sheet upload to register them all(1358 students) im shooting in the dark here please anyone any idea's? can i achieve this just in joomla or will community builder help me get there faster?
Regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #170486 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: School systems
CB Juice can be used to mass upload users.

13 years 3 months ago #170492 by youthknight
Replied by youthknight on topic Re: School systems
Awesum thank you im installing CB right now,,! will keep you posted if i have more questions!

13 years 3 months ago #170815 by youthknight
I installed CB and it looks awesum, my next question,
Im looking to display sensitive information about users(students) on their profile such as test results, merits, detentions, their attendance etc. now the problems i have is this:
*they shouldn't be able to change their own profile
*they should only be able to view their own profile not those of others.
*how will i mass upload profile info like exam mark and so on,
Or is there maybe another way to do this than on their profile, perhaps in a way that would be easier to access the database with regular updates. please help with any ideas!

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #170818 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: School systems

youthknight wrote: I installed CB and it looks awesum,

Yes it is!

my next question,
Im looking to display sensitive information about users(students) on their profile such as test results, merits, detentions, their attendance etc. now the problems i have is this:
*they shouldn't be able to change their own profile

You can create fields that are read-only (means only admins can change from backend).

*they should only be able to view their own profile not those of others.

You can use Privacy plugin (part of Advanced membership) to mark a CB field or CB Tab to be viewable only to owner. Or you can use CBSubs solution that also has tools to do this.

*how will i mass upload profile info like exam mark and so on,
Or is there maybe another way to do this than on their profile, perhaps in a way that would be easier to access the database with regular updates. please help with any ideas!

CBJuice can be used here also I believe.

You can see the CB API document (see Free downloads) to check the database schema.
The following user(s) said Thank You: youthknight

13 years 3 months ago #170820 by youthknight
THanks man! people like you that makes the world go round!
Im going to try all your solutions and will get back to you if i get stuck! thank you so much!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon