Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Jquery questions

• vespin
  • vespin
12 years 11 months ago #182791 by vespin
Jquery questions was created by vespin
I'm acctually searching for the reason that the jquery noconflict is commented out, I am having jquery conflicts with other modules and I'm trying to figure out if that is the culprit, But i can't seem to find where that line is in the code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182794 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Jquery questions

vespin wrote: I'm acctually searching for the reason that the jquery noconflict is commented out, I am having jquery conflicts with other modules and I'm trying to figure out if that is the culprit, But i can't seem to find where that line is in the code.

I do not understand the question.

• vespin
  • vespin
12 years 11 months ago #182804 by vespin
Replied by vespin on topic Re: Jquery questions
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.canbycubs.com/components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery-1.5.2/jquery-1.5.2.min.js?v=81578c9eed91f5c6"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!-- jQuery.noConflict(); --></script>

That comes up when I view the source of my page, I was asking about it in another post that pertained to the issue, and the thread was locked.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182811 by nant
Yeah, that thread was locked because it was hijacked - started out as a GJ RC thread and just kept on growing long after GJ 24 stable was released.

So, what exactly is your question?

There is no reason (i can see) to comment this out as loading jquery is set to no conflict mode.

The only reason would be that somewhere else on your website another extension is also loading jquery, perhaps not in no conflict mode.

• vespin
  • vespin
12 years 11 months ago #182812 by vespin
Replied by vespin on topic Re: Jquery questions
I guess my question is and my issue is because this is on the same line as the CB jquery reference I assumed (probably my mistake to do so) that it was something that CB was putting in but it was commented out for some reason. I am trying to located where in the code the commented out section is so I can simply remove the commenting.. BUT I can't find it. I apologize if it isn't something that is CB is doing and is another module.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182816 by nant
If you commented out CB code and do not remember where, then all you need to do is install over CB 1.7.1.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon