Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Customising Registration page(s)

12 years 4 months ago #202122 by travelmonkee123
Replied by travelmonkee123 on topic Re: Customising Registration page(s)
Okay, so I have conditionals installed and have enabled Step by Step. How is it used to setup the registration pages?

For the first part; how do I have a section where the pages asks if they are X or Y and another dropdown appears depending on the answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202123 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Customising Registration page(s)

travelmonkee123 wrote: Okay, so I have conditionals installed and have enabled Step by Step. How is it used to setup the registration pages?

For the first part; how do I have a section where the pages asks if they are X or Y and another dropdown appears depending on the answer.

You said you have enabled "step by step". Did you mean the plugin itself? Or did you enable the feature in CB conditional plugin settings? That is important!

Please, read the important hints in the background:
"Enable or disable Registration step by step. Step by step allows fields display based off tabs in steps (If tab has 10 fields those 10 fields will be displayed in that step). Step titles all prefix with _REG_STEP followed by their count (e.g. _REG_STEP1) that can be defined within language strings (otherwise will display as Step 1, etc..). Tab registration order as defined in Tab Management during tab edit determines order of steps. DIV profile layout is required."

In short:

You have to enable DIV-layout in your CB configuration -> User Profile -> Use new div or old table based views!

The registration steps represents CB tabs. Just create a new tab in backend. Then create you fields and ASSIGN them to your tabs(steps).

Field conditions
are set in field parameters. Look on the right side, when you edit a field.
Sorry, I thought the step names were taken from the tabs titles. Maybe a good feature request ;-)

Design:
Not sure how much is jQueryUI stuff, and how much you can achieve with CSS. The plugin seems to support templates as well... but I never touched or investigated this part, yet.
"Select template to be used on step by step Registration. If template is incomplete then missing files will be used from the default template. Template files can be located at the following location: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconditional/templates/"
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by pepperstreet.

12 years 4 months ago #202124 by travelmonkee123
Sorry for how much help I need, but this stuff confuses me so much. I'm so much more comfortable wading through code...

I made a Tab '_REG_STEP1' but it doesn't show up as the registration page?

www.truckfocus.co.nz/n12/index.php/component/comprofiler/registers

12 years 4 months ago #202126 by pepperstreet

travelmonkee123 wrote: Sorry for how much help I need, but this stuff confuses me so much. I'm so much more comfortable wading through code...

I made a Tab '_REG_STEP1' but it doesn't show up as the registration page?

www.truckfocus.co.nz/n12/index.php/component/comprofiler/registers

Looks like you have NO step display at all. Please check your CB config!
You have to enable DIV-layout in your CB configuration -> User Profile -> Use new div or old table based views -> YES!

Otherwise the step display does not work.

The numbered text constants _REG_STEP have to be in your language file.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202127 by travelmonkee123
"Please check your CB config!"
Check what, exactly.

The enable div-layout was already yes and I added _REG_STEP1 = "blah" to en_GB.com_profilepro.ini

Thanks again for your time.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by travelmonkee123.

12 years 4 months ago #202129 by pepperstreet
Can´t advice anything else.
Check list:

- CB global config -> User Profile -> DIV display YES
- Conditional Plugin PUBLISHED?
- Conditional Plugin -> Config -> Registration -> Step-by-Step

Should present at least a STEP1 registration tab.
If it does not, I can´t help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon