Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Customising Registration page(s)

12 years 4 months ago #202027 by travelmonkee123
Replied by travelmonkee123 on topic Re: Customising Registration page(s)
This is beaverusiv, I have downloaded the Docs and there is nothing I can see on customising the looks of the pages. Can you please point me to it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202028 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Customising Registration page(s)

travelmonkee123 wrote: This is beaverusiv, I have downloaded the Docs and there is nothing I can see on customising the looks of the pages. Can you please point me to it?

What exactly do you want to achieve? "Customizing the look" leaves too much room for interpretations...

In general, there is a difference between CB core and 3rdParty approach:

- CB Profile Pro has a more visual approach, because you can "layout" your page(s) with a WYSIWYG editor. The biggest difference is: You can also alter Register and Edit Profile pages! You can mix CUSTOM HTML and CSS with your fields. Important: To alter registration and edit pages, you have to be aware of the fact, that you REPLACE the CB default template!

- CB Core features are more limited. The "layout" can not be altered as you might know it from CBprofilePro. CB Conditional plugin adds a multi-page registration and conditional field display on Register/Edit Profile. Visually you can style your display with CSS. Total repositioning of elements is not a strength of CB core. It has obvious limitations, but you can beautify it! The CB docs can help to understand the structure... but it does not teach you how to modify a registration page. CB core feature have more influence on CB Profile views. To be honest: Edit is the "worst" part. Registration is stylable through CSS and Conditional Plugin.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by pepperstreet. Reason: CBprofilePro hint

12 years 4 months ago #202029 by travelmonkee123
Thank you for a proper reply. So the answer to my question is:

'You cannot customise the CB registration page, however you can change some of the CSS styles. Third party plugins may offer more flexibility.'

I'll look into Profile Pro.

I have a specific layout/look I want. For argument's sake, let's say I want it to look like this:
browse.deviantart.com/designs/?q=register#/d3j0fio

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202030 by pepperstreet

travelmonkee123 wrote: ...I'll look into Profile Pro. ...
I have a specific layout/look I want. For argument's sake, let's say I want it to look like this:
browse.deviantart.com/designs/?q=register#/d3j0fio

You want a Windows style and frame? Than CB ProfilePro is overkill, IMHO.
As far as i can see in your example, you just want "surounding eye-candy". This is pure CSS and configuration work.

Additional, you might want the register screen in a modal popup window?! Again, there is no need for CBPPro. You would have to open the register URL the same way as for CB core.

Tip:
You can separate the register page from the rest of the page...
just append &tmpl=component to your CB register URL.

Modal window / lightbox tip:
- take a look at NoNumber.nl Modalizer (pro has many possibilities; lightboxes and URL support, but free should work fine for the beginning)
- you could write your own J! core Squeezebox solution in the component.php !?
inspiration here and also here.

try to make a CBlogin module override, where you modify the register link URL
OR
I guess you can hide the link in CBlogin module and replace register link with your OWN custom link in respective textarea.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by pepperstreet.

12 years 4 months ago #202031 by travelmonkee123
Fine, here is the real concepts:

imageshack.us/g/715/tfregistrationbiz.png/

lol.

12 years 4 months ago #202034 by pepperstreet
So, a multi-page registration... than you will need the incubator plugin CB Conditional. Older video & review .

Not sure about your 4th payment tab content, but it smells like a CBsubs plan ;-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon