Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error Messages on Sucessful Install and other ?

12 years 4 months ago #202251 by butchtones
This was a fresh install of Joomla 2.5 with the latest version of CB. There are no other modules components or plugins on this site yet for there to be an interference. I'm disappointed that there isn't more recent information than a thread on something 10 months ago on Joomla 1.7 since it seems to be a common problem.

If I upgrade my package is there someone who will help resolve this?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #202253 by nant

butchtones wrote: This was a fresh install of Joomla 2.5 with the latest version of CB. There are no other modules components or plugins on this site yet for there to be an interference. I'm disappointed that there isn't more recent information than a thread on something 10 months ago on Joomla 1.7 since it seems to be a common problem.

If I upgrade my package is there someone who will help resolve this?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks

This is a Joomla bug - I am disappointed also that it has not been fixed.

Since its a new install, if you can drop the database and reinstall from scratch.
Make sure you are installing CB 1.8 on new environment.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202268 by butchtones
Ahhhh..... that was it!

3rd time is the charm. Steps for anyone else that might be reading:

Entering the two lines of code didn't work and neither did some of the joomla.org suggestions.

I went into myPHPAdmin and deleted all Community Builder items from jos_menu then reinstalled. I has read that some people had to try this a couple of times so I removed and re-installed hoping that it wold work. I did this three times and finally I see it!

Hooray!

Thanks Nant
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by butchtones.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon