Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Suspected security issue turned out to be SEF on

• Krustymk
  • Krustymk
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205467 by Krustymk
Firstly, every member should be seen as a potential customer!
Yes my perceived attitude (which i apologise for) did set the tone.. i was having a bad day, however, your customer facing skills could have rectified this.

Also, i have been looking at your Incubator plugins, which as you know require a professional membership, your bare minimum response and tone do not fill me with confidence as to the level of support i will receive should i decide to go ahead. To the point i have started researching competing products!

A lot of professional customers will first look at quality, then support then price!

Also when giving an anwser or idea, back it up with some knowledge and how you reached that conclusion, yes its a little more work but it looks more professional, helpful and sincere. The old, 'teach a man to fish' comes to mind.

Please bare this in mind
and thanks for your help
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Krustymk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #205468 by speedpacer

nant wrote: I do not see you as a potential customer - I responded because I had some spare time left over from helping out actual customers.

I typically try to avoid conflict but I feel compelled to mention that I was a little taken back by this response.

Everyone is a "potential" customer. Your first step is getting them to your site and using some of your free products and liking them enough to be willing to pay for your other products. Responses like that aren't going to help you earn that possibility, nor will it help you earn that possibility of other "potential" customers who just happen to read it. I quit paying for Rockettheme subscriptions for this very reason.

Sure, he should've read the instructions better but it's not always easy to find those answers and I think his was a fairly honest mistake. You could've handled that a little more tactfully.

I only say this because I'm still in the early stages of getting people to use some of my free products so they'll know my other products even exist and be willing to purchase them. Perhaps you've lost sight of how difficult that was starting out. I hope I'm able to maintain good customer service and remain humble when I reach your level and bite my tongue when/if necessary. This almost makes me want to quit using your products, and I have toyed with the possibility of purchasing your Subs... not so sure I will now.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #205469 by nant

Krustymk wrote: Firstly, every member should be seen as a potential customer!
Yes my perceived attitude (which i apologise for) did set the tone.. i was having a bad day, however, your customer facing skills could have rectified this.

No worries - we all have bad days.

Also, i have been looking at your Incubator plugins, which as you know require a professional membership, your bare minimum response and tone do not fill me with confidence as to the level of support i will receive should i decide to go ahead. To the point i have started researching competing products!

Of course - we should all do our research. Please keep in mind that your post on a free forum was address quickly - even if your tone as you agree was wrong.

A lot of professional customers will first look at quality, then support then price!

Yes quality is important - see our frontpage article on our quality process.

Also when giving an anwser or idea, back it up with some knowledge and how you reached that conclusion, yes its a little more work but it looks more professional, helpful and sincere. The old, 'teach a man to fish' comes to mind.

Please bare this in mind
and thanks for your help

Thanks for feedback.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #205470 by nant

speedpacer wrote:

nant wrote: I do not see you as a potential customer - I responded because I had some spare time left over from helping out actual customers.

I typically try to avoid conflict but I feel compelled to mention that I was a little taken back by this response.

Everyone is a "potential" customer. Your first step is getting them to your site and using some of your free products and liking them enough to be willing to pay for your other products. Responses like that aren't going to help you earn that possibility, nor will it help you earn that possibility of other "potential" customers who just happen to read it. I quit paying for Rockettheme subscriptions for this very reason.

Sure, he should've read the instructions better but it's not always easy to find those answers and I think his was a fairly honest mistake. You could've handled that a little more tactfully.

I only say this because I'm still in the early stages of getting people to use some of my free products so they'll know my other products even exist and be willing to purchase them. Perhaps you've lost sight of how difficult that was starting out. I hope I'm able to maintain good customer service and remain humble when I reach your level and bite my tongue when/if necessary. This almost makes me want to quit using your products, and I have toyed with the possibility of purchasing your Subs... not so sure I will now.

I agree - everyone here is a potential customer - my point was that I responded to the free community driven forum post because I had a breather.

I also admitted taken back from the "misleading and inaccurate" subject heading, so I guess my underlying mood was affected.

Anyway, I am glad that this potential or not customer was helped on a free forum for an issue that was not CB related. And that the turn-around time was less than a day - I would pay good money elsewhere for such a response.

• Krustymk
  • Krustymk
12 years 3 months ago #205471 by Krustymk
lmao im glad we agree it was my fault and i should look elsewhere....

• Krustymk
  • Krustymk
12 years 3 months ago #205472 by Krustymk
I can see you have never worked for your self in competitive customer driven market then

nant wrote:

speedpacer wrote:

I agree - everyone here is a potential customer - my point was that I responded to the free community driven forum post because I had a breather.

I also admitted taken back from the "misleading and inaccurate" subject heading, so I guess my underlying mood was affected.

Anyway, I am glad that this potential or not customer was helped on a free forum for an issue that was not CB related. And that the turn-around time was less than a day - I would pay good money elsewhere for such a response.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon