Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Suspected security issue turned out to be SEF on

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #205352 by nant
Please turn off SEF and retest.

Please verify that you have followed installation instructions (included in CB 1.8.1 distribution) and that you have turned off Joomla registrations as instructed in the guide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krustymk
  • Krustymk
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205354 by Krustymk
SEF SETTINGS off has cured the symptoms .....
What's all that about then?

Now about the scriptability of the registration module, when is that being sorted?

And I followed the installation instructions (when I finally found the tutorials) except for making another menu which was not practical on my site.

Which is a major gripe!

You could have the best system in the world but if you don't make it easy for the end user to set up you will get bad press as people will blame your system and not themselves, people are by nature lazy make the the tutorials to reflect this and easy to find
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Krustymk.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #205375 by nant

Krustymk wrote: SEF SETTINGS off has cured the symptoms .....

Guess that means that CB did not compromise your website.

Now about the scriptability of the registration module, when is that being sorted?

Sorry, I do not know what you are asking.

And I followed the installation instructions (when I finally found the tutorials) except for making another menu which was not practical on my site.

No need to look at the tutorials - the PDF file included in the Free CB package you downloaded should be enough really.

Which is a major gripe!

What gripe? Not finding tutorials on this site?
Not finding installation guide in distribution package?

You could have the best system in the world but if you don't make it easy for the end user to set up you will get bad press as people will blame your system and not themselves, people are by nature lazy make the the tutorials to reflect this and easy to find

Yup - just like you did. Well sorry really - we cannot provide a pre-installed, pre-configured system for everyone - that's why we have installation guides and tutorials.

If you need further support please start a new thread as this issue I believe is resolved as far as CB goes.

12 years 3 months ago #205458 by speedpacer

Hey Krustymk, I don't know if this will solve your problem but it resolved a similar situation I was having where system emails were coming from some other random domain, and Community Builder wasn't even installed on that site.

In your configuration.php file, make sure you have $live_site=' www.yourdomain.com '; configured. Once I did that, I was able to turn on Joomla SEF and rewrite URLs and everything worked properly.

I noticed some other issues I was having with SEF and CB when I didn't have that configured.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krustymk

• Krustymk
  • Krustymk
12 years 3 months ago #205461 by Krustymk

nant wrote:

Guess that means that CB did not compromise your website.

Sorry, I do not know what you are asking.

No need to look at the tutorials - the PDF file included in the Free CB package you downloaded should be enough really.

Which is a major gripe!

What gripe? Not finding tutorials on this site?
Not finding installation guide in distribution package?

Yup - just like you did. Well sorry really - we cannot provide a pre-installed, pre-configured system for everyone - that's why we have installation guides and tutorials.

If you need further support please start a new thread as this issue I believe is resolved as far as CB goes.

Thanks for suggesting the SEF, sorted it right out!
As for your attitude towards potential customers... could do with a little work ;)

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205464 by nant

Krustymk wrote: Thanks for suggesting the SEF, sorted it right out!

You are welcome.

Please note that this suggestion is also made here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/101-support/18234-help-us-help-you

As for your attitude towards potential customers... could do with a little work ;)

Did not mean to offend although to be honest I was taken back from your subject heading which is wrong and misleading - perhaps you should rectify this?

I do not see you as a potential customer - I responded because I had some spare time left over from helping out actual customers.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by nant.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon