Skip to Content Skip to Menu

usage error

• spletcher
  • spletcher
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #210615 by spletcher
usage error was created by spletcher
I've never had trouble with my CB before and all of a sudden I'm getting 505 errors to register or login using CB login.

I did a search of my files, upgraded my Joomla 1.523 to 1.526 and upgraded my CB to 1.81 from 1.80

I'm still getting the error despite this and a clean check of CB using the Tools within it.

I'm also getting this error when I try to access any user within the backend of CB

"Fatal Error please contact admin so he can check his history log for errors."

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by spletcher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #210616 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: usage error

spletcher wrote: I've never had trouble with my CB before and all of a sudden I'm getting 505 errors to register or login using CB login.

I did a search of my files, upgraded my Joomla 1.523 to 1.526 and upgraded my CB to 1.81 from 1.80

I'm still getting the error despite this and a clean check of CB using the Tools within it.

I'm also getting this error when I try to access any user within the backend of CB

"Fatal Error please contact admin so he can check his history log for errors."

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Suggestions?

Yup, do as the message sid and check your server error log.

• spletcher
  • spletcher
12 years 1 month ago #210632 by spletcher
Replied by spletcher on topic Re: usage error
Nick,

Ok - that's fairly obvious.

In my search for a hacker, I had removed a file my server folks thought was suspicious within the CB Plugin - CB Subs. This was the reason that I could not open the CB user in the backend and this part is fixed.

However, I am stumped as the original reason that I had been looking was that I cannot login nor click register nor find lost password using the CB login module. This is where I'm getting a 505 error without explanation.

See www.cosw.org

I'm not even sure where to start looking although I had reinstalled the latest CB and module without success. By the way - the native Joomla login does the same so perhaps I have an issue in the Joomla install and it isn't CB.

Stan

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #210684 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: usage error

spletcher wrote: Nick,

Ok - that's fairly obvious.

In my search for a hacker, I had removed a file my server folks thought was suspicious within the CB Plugin - CB Subs. This was the reason that I could not open the CB user in the backend and this part is fixed.

However, I am stumped as the original reason that I had been looking was that I cannot login nor click register nor find lost password using the CB login module. This is where I'm getting a 505 error without explanation.

See www.cosw.org

I'm not even sure where to start looking although I had reinstalled the latest CB and module without success. By the way - the native Joomla login does the same so perhaps I have an issue in the Joomla install and it isn't CB.

Stan

First of all make sure you have a complete package of joomla and cb and cbsubs.

If needed install over to make sure you have not removed more files.

• spletcher
  • spletcher
12 years 1 month ago #210699 by spletcher
Nick,

I have reinstalled completely v1.81 and the latest CB Subs but still have the error.

Not sure if you could look at it in the backend. If so, I can PM you the backend details.

Stan

• spletcher
  • spletcher
12 years 1 month ago #210700 by spletcher
Nick,

I'm very stumped as I have created another fresh install of Joomla 1.5.26 that works and copied the core files over to my main directories to make sure that my core Joomla files are good and still I have no success.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon