Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Issue with registration form submission

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 days ago #212994 by nant
If you disable (unpublish) the CB Captcha plugin altogether what happens?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• takestock
  • takestock
12 years 2 days ago #213004 by takestock
Replied by takestock on topic Re: Issue with registration form submission
Hi
Thanks for the reply,
I have unpublished the captcha and I still have the same issue, the registration fails and seems to go to the joomla registration form with the message
"The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again"
So the issue is some configuration in CB.
disability.ie/index.php/using-joomla/extensions/components/users-component/login-form

Regards
Alan

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 days ago #213013 by nant

takestock wrote: Hi
Thanks for the reply,
I have unpublished the captcha and I still have the same issue, the registration fails and seems to go to the joomla registration form with the message
"The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again"
So the issue is some configuration in CB.
disability.ie/index.php/using-joomla/extensions/components/users-component/login-form

Regards
Alan

That means that something else is wrong with your configuration.

Suggest you follow CB installation instructions from the beginning and make sure you do everything.

If you have installed other plugins please disable them.

• takestock
  • takestock
12 years 2 days ago #213038 by takestock
Replied by takestock on topic Re: Issue with registration form submission
HI
Thank you for your reply, I have many plugins installed and it did take a while to find the problem one.
for anyone else that is have the same issue the the cause was the K2 user plugin.

Regards

• khargool
  • khargool
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #213462 by khargool
Replied by khargool on topic Re: Issue with registration form submission
Uhm, I guess we should call this topic "half-solved" :) as it is just a way around the problem, not necesserly and entirely solving the problem of Community Builder and K2 coexistence. I experienced the same problems as many people mentioned on this forum and unfortunately there was no complete answer. Maybe I will share my experience so that some of you may use.

As I use CB login module for loggin in on front end, I noticed that each time user tries to register, he/she gets info that data entered from captcha does not match although no captcha plugin was used. Someone mentioned to disable K2 user plugin, but simpler solution that worked for me was to disable the captcha in K2 (sorry for translation - my site use polish and don't know the exact translation to english) - Options> Additional (extended?) options > enable reCaptcha in register form SET TO "NO".

I also experienced problems with link to "create article" in K2 (not Joomla native editor) in front end (403 error). The solution, in my case was simple - user was not assigned to any "K2 user group" as I simply hadn't created any. As soon as I created K2 user group for "author" and assigned users to that group, the problem stopped.

I didn't find "clean" solution for assigning new users to K2 groups, so I used solution mentioned here:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/200500-new-users-not-assigned-to-k2-group?limit=6&start=6

Currently I (again) turned on the community builder integration in K2 settings (some posts suggested it causes problems) and my K2 user plugin is again published but as "first one" with -100 (negative value) value in ordering.

For now it seems to be working, but I am not saying it is 100% working - I guess there may be some issues I simply haven't noticed so far

Edit: Now I noticed that community builder integration in K2 makes my Joomgallery very unhappy - I lost detail view of the picture and so far no sollution for that. I guess I will have to give up - what is CB for when it can not be integrated (and unfortunately I can't give up K2).
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by khargool.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon