Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Purchasing if I can achieve connect button on user list

• anijack
  • anijack
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #219856 by anijack
I have tried these tutorials and they only work in the profile. If I try and add the delimiter field in to the user list it no longer functions. That is the same for all tab substitutions not to mention the connect button is not a individual tab but instead it is locked into the cb menu.

It is however possible to use the code on my previous post to directly access the connect button. But it does not function properly in the user list (does not dissapear when users are already connected). The fact that this works on the profile and not on the user lists suggests their is missing functionality on the user list which will prevent me from acheiving this.

I will have to take your word that your developers will be able to help me make these changes. As I believe it will require an overhall of the code that generates the user list to allow for the level of functionality required above. Although I am a bit concerned that you were not aware that tab substitution or the conditional javascript in my previous post is not possible in the user list.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by anijack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #219887 by nant

anijack wrote: I have tried these tutorials and they only work in the profile. If I try and add the delimiter field in to the user list it no longer functions. That is the same for all tab substitutions not to mention the connect button is not a individual tab but instead it is locked into the cb menu.

It is however possible to use the code on my previous post to directly access the connect button. But it does not function properly in the user list (does not dissapear when users are already connected). The fact that this works on the profile and not on the user lists suggests their is missing functionality on the user list which will prevent me from acheiving this.

I will have to take your word that your developers will be able to help me make these changes. As I believe it will require an overhall of the code that generates the user list to allow for the level of functionality required above. Although I am a bit concerned that you were not aware that tab substitution or the conditional javascript in my previous post is not possible in the user list.

I asked Kyle to respond here and one thing he mentioned is:

his original post already highlighted how it's done, but you can't use the message feature with it.. nor will it change after usage
he needs to change connectionid={fld id} to connectionid=[user_id] though

• anijack
  • anijack
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #219931 by anijack
I am aware this code works but only to a point. The connections link does not dissapear when a user has already connected with a user. I see Kyle said "nor will it change after usage". So are you now saying a fully functioning connection button is not possible in the user list view?

So just to clarify.

Is it possible to have a connection button on the user list view which only appears next to users that they have not connected with yet.

As suggested in your previous post which states this functionality is not possible. Would it be under the scope of a pro subscription to get this working as I originaly intended.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by anijack.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 8 months ago #219940 by krileon
You'd need to design a field that works the same as the menu link so you can display it on all locations a field can be displayed. Alternative is as follows.

If you want it to change its state you could try using CB Query Field (professional subscriber plugin) to query the database and return the connection status of the viewing user to the displayed user. You'd then use that in a substitution IF statement to display a different link if a connection is already established. Example of this usage as follows.

Field: cb_checkconn
Query:
Code:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__comprofiler_members` WHERE `referenceid` = '[cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]' AND `memberid` = '[user_id]'

[cb:if cb_checkconn>"0"]REMOVE CONNECTION[/cb:if]
[cb:if cb_checkconn="0"]ADD CONNECTION[/cb:if]

This could of course be extended much further for example you could return an IF select that checks the status of the connection so you could display a remove, add, accept, or deny link based off the status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• anijack
  • anijack
11 years 8 months ago #219943 by anijack
Thank you very much for your time and patience. I have let the client know that this can be achieved with a professional subscription and hopefuly they will be happy to incur the extra cost.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon