Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Just installed CB and when I try to visit the configuration page, it will not load?!

• m.aleo
  • m.aleo
9 years 8 months ago #258560 by m.aleo
Hello Nant,

I went to the global configuration page and turned on the joomla debug again, before going to the configuration page. This time I got the following errors (I may not have done it correctly before and therefore wasn't getting any errors):

Warning: (null)(): 253 is not a valid cURL handle resource in Unknown on line 0

Do you know what this could be?

Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #258885 by nant

m.aleo wrote: Hello Nant,

I went to the global configuration page and turned on the joomla debug again, before going to the configuration page. This time I got the following errors (I may not have done it correctly before and therefore wasn't getting any errors):

Do you know what this could be?

Thank you for your time.

Wondering if your issue is related to this thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/228233-solved-curl-error-cb-205-configuration-issue#257893

• m.aleo
  • m.aleo
9 years 8 months ago #258942 by m.aleo
Thank you for your reply Nant. I spoke with my host and they said that they do allow curl_multi_exec to work. Do you have any other suggestions? I am so disappointed that I was able to get CB to work on a blank Joomla site, but trying to upload it to my current site is not working. My site is very large, too, otherwise I would rebuild it just to get CB on there...

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #258952 by nant

m.aleo wrote: Thank you for your reply Nant. I spoke with my host and they said that they do allow curl_multi_exec to work. Do you have any other suggestions? I am so disappointed that I was able to get CB to work on a blank Joomla site, but trying to upload it to my current site is not working. My site is very large, too, otherwise I would rebuild it just to get CB on there...

Please send me a private message with superadmin access and I will take a look when time permits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: m.aleo

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #258985 by nant
Got credentials - thx.

Your host is super slow and is causing you issues.

For one it has disabled:
Warning: php_uname() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/healthyb/public_html/administrator/components/com_admin/models/sysinfo.php on line 143

This means I cannot see what php settings exist.

I am guessing that you didn't even install CB 2.0 properly as I cannot complete the package install on your site.

Maybe you just unzipped the CB 2.0 download and manually installed whatever you could?

If you did this you did wrong - the package needs to be installed as a single upload - breaking things up is asking for trouble as the final script putting things together is never executed.

If I missed some guess - sorry - your hosting environment was not that friendly so I could not really do much.

If you are trying to create a serious website you might want to consider a different host.

• m.aleo
  • m.aleo
9 years 8 months ago #258993 by m.aleo
Thank you for looking into this so quickly. If you are to install CB as one file, then you're right I did not do it properly. I did it this way because I found uploading it in one file wasn't working?! I will speak to my host about the php_uname() being disabled for security reasons and then try uploading the extension as one file, again.

Unfortunately, I cannot switch hosts at this time due to financial restrictions. I will keep Joomlapolis in mind though for hosting in the future.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon