Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Gift Certificate capability?

14 years 5 months ago #130900 by
Replied by on topic Re:Gift Certificate capability?
One of the problems I will be facing is that some of my existing members will find it too hard to use Paypal because it is in English. The gift function would be perfect in the case that they have a friend who can use Paypal and could handle their membership payments for them, and get paid back through a normal bank transfer. I'm not particularly looking forward to the offline payments, but I will have to accept them because of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #130940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Gift Certificate capability?
Paypal can be seen in basically any language if the user has a Paypal account. They can set their nationality for the site and thus translates it. Same applies for your Paypal gateway, you can edit your Paypal Payment Gateway and change the location, which should also send users to the respective site on Paypal in the correct language.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #140648 by BigWebIdea
Replied by BigWebIdea on topic Re:Gift Certificate capability?
This is the feature I was looking for in conjunction with all the other features CBSubs offers. Any updates or insights as to when the gift cert/coupon feature will be added?

• beat
  • beat
14 years 1 month ago #140678 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Gift Certificate capability?
BigWebIdea wrote:

This is the feature I was looking for in conjunction with all the other features CBSubs offers. Any updates or insights as to when the gift cert/coupon feature will be added?

It's planed for CBSubs 1.2.

Paypal allows you gift certs too, btw, probably already usable with CBSubs 1.0.3 ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon