Skip to Content Skip to Menu

creating different registration pages in CB

• archieh
  • archieh
15 years 3 months ago #103764 by archieh
hi all,
i am a new joomla user (in fact this is my first time setting up a website using joomla :blush: ) and i find community builder to be the best solution for the type of community i want to create. however, i'd like to have different types of users (profiles) register on the site and offer a subscription to continue using the site after a free trial period.

i did browse the forum but i cant seem to put together a clear picture. if this sounds like a repeat question i apologize but i'd like to have the answers at one place.

brief plan of the site-
1. i want different user types to be able to register on the site on different registration pages from the same register link in CB login module.
eg. register > page with radio buttons for doctors, lawyers, tax consultants and visitors > reg page for that category.
How do i create different registration pages?

2. all the user categories will have different fields for registration since the data input is different.

3. any user registered will have life membership (as in have his profile life long).

4. all the users will have full access to all pages for a period of 30 days. Can I set this using CB subs?

5. after 30 days all users will have restricted access to only a couple of pages. Can I do this with CBSubs?

6. the users then have the option to subscribe for a period of 6 months or 12 months. Can I set this up with CBsubs and how?

7. if the user subscribes for a period of 6 months, he/she will regain access to all the areas of the site.

8. after the expiry of the 6 (or 12) months subscription, the user will again become a free member and have restricted access (similar to #5).

I can modify the registration form in CB to add new fields but i cannot create multiple reg forms.

Can CBSubs offer me the capability to design a site based on the ideas above? Can you offer support to do it for me and what will be the charges?

:) Many thanks in advance.
MICHELLE

Post edited by: archieh, at: 2009/07/03 16:11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 3 months ago #103766 by krileon
  1. Create multiple plans for each profile type. Then from workflows of the plans hide fields that do not correlate to the profile type (plan).
  2. Doable
  3. Doable
  4. Doable
  5. Doable
  6. Doable, but would require 2 plans for the 2 different durations.
  7. Doable
  8. Doable

Installation service might be available. You would have to contact Beat for official word on this and its costs.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/03 16:27

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• archieh
  • archieh
15 years 3 months ago #103780 by archieh
a very sweet thanks to you krileon. if i buy CBSubs and tinker with it using the documentation and your response above, but dont get it to work, can i approach you guys? how do i get in touch with you or beat for any help.

MICHELLE

Post edited by: archieh, at: 2009/07/03 18:09

• beat
  • beat
15 years 3 months ago #103783 by beat
Contacting us is done in the same manor as you are now: through the forums.

We highly prefer open public help to private one for many good reasons:
- CBSubs doesn't have any problems to hide
- it openly shows the issues and solutions, so when you search in forum chances are good that you find
- Our whole team, the testers team, and the community can help and contribute to solutions, often leading to much better solutions than private support.

Obviously if at a stage, private info needs to be transmitted, there is private messaging for the private parts.

We do provide installation and on-website services on request and for professional fee, but we don't encourage you to buy it !!! :silly:

Reason is that CBSubs is a really powerful and flexible payments engine, and by reading the detailed documentation, then doing installation and configuration yourself, using the step-by-step documentation, you will learn much more than if we do it for you, and will be much easier for you to manage it afterwards.

This will result in discovering new possibilities to leverage your site's potential, and in increased revenues for you, that out-weight the slight time investment in installation and configuration, and most importantly reading the manual.

It might sound completely crazy from us to discourage people to pay us for service, but what makes sense for our community members makes sense for us too in the longer term.

But we are here to help you in the forums, as needed. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• archieh
  • archieh
15 years 3 months ago #103785 by archieh
thanks a mil Beat for your reply. i am encouraged to try CBSubs. the only reason i got cold feet was because i am a first time joomla or CB user and have no coding experience at all. i do have a great idea for a website that i'd like to develop though.
thanks again for your advice.

MICHELLE :cheer:

• beat
  • beat
15 years 3 months ago #104334 by beat
archieh wrote:

thanks a mil Beat for your reply. i am encouraged to try CBSubs. the only reason i got cold feet was because i am a first time joomla or CB user and have no coding experience at all. i do have a great idea for a website that i'd like to develop though.
thanks again for your advice.

MICHELLE :cheer:

You are welcome. Joomla+CB+CBSubs has its learning curve, but it's smooth, and there are good materials available: manuals, books, online video tutorials, forums. :)

Wishing you all best in your new website.

If you want a "zero-button quick-start" with a fully blown Joomla social website, we can recommend our joomlapolis hosting (see left column for more info). It's certainly a big time-saver, if you are new to all of it. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon