Skip to Content Skip to Menu

creating different registration pages in CB

• CheriP
  • CheriP
15 years 1 week ago #113747 by CheriP
I have a similar question. I want a different registration page for each plan rather than having all the plan listed on the component/comprofiler/registers page. Our site will have several group memberships and I want to control access the the registration with maybe a password protected page. How do I do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 1 week ago #113770 by krileon
CheriP wrote:

I have a similar question. I want a different registration page for each plan rather than having all the plan listed on the component/comprofiler/registers page. Our site will have several group memberships and I want to control access the the registration with maybe a password protected page. How do I do this?

Create your plans, then configure what fields to hide on registration for that plan from the Workflows tab.

Once you've completed creating your plans you can create menu links for those plans (when editing a plan look at the top to see its URL). This will give you unique registration forms.

Alternatively you can just let visitors go to the registration form and they'll see the plans which will change the registration form based on which plan is selected.

Not sure about just password protecting registration, don't think this can be done for registration URL using htaccess, but you could htaccess the entire site suppose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• CheriP
  • CheriP
15 years 1 week ago #113778 by CheriP
We will be marketing site subscriptions to different organizations. In some cases employers will be paying for this access for their employees. In other cases, we want to offer a discounted subscription price to some groups. So, I can't have the actual registration pages open to the general public.

Here is my plan: On the page that talks about the benefits of site membership, have a link that says "Group Memberships." This will link to a page that lists our partner organizations with "join now" button by each. If someone was from that organization, they would click on that link to access the page for that plan. Because I only want people from that organization to access it, I thought I would have a password on that page.

Another way I thought we could accomplish the same thing is using a coupon code that gives a discount for a certain plan.

There's got to be a way to do this. I hope I can do it with this software.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 1 week ago #113807 by krileon
CBSubs coupon system is not yet implemented. I can't think of a solution to your problem. You could try using htaccess to protect a specific link, this might work. Then give a general user/pass for the login or add corporations to the htpasswd file gradually. Google search htaccess authentication for help on building this properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fxportfo
  • fxportfo
15 years 1 week ago #113831 by fxportfo
Replied by fxportfo on topic Re:creating different registration pages in CB
Oright, I have Joomla 1.5, however I did have CB 1.2 just installed.

I am trying to make a registration page, I have done Tab and Field Management. But the registration page won't show. Should I make an article page for it to show or what? I did finished the CB documentation 181 pages, didn't find my answer. I am not sure if this what gives my problem or not? I don't see component/comprofiler/registers page on my Joomla site

Can someone here give me a full instruction (or outline) on how to make a registration page for users?

Thanks ahead of time.

• cte2087
  • cte2087
14 years 8 months ago #122933 by cte2087
I was reading through the forums trying to find an answer to a very similar question. I need 2 separate registration forms for 2 different types of users; entrepreneurs and executives. They both will be a part of the same community and will be like a mentor program of sorts. Each registration form has a slightly different set of fields for the registration.

My question....is CBsubs the only way to accomplish this? I know that this is not your software, but could Chronoforms do this? I love CB and it is a great solution for this project and many more in the future. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
CTE

Moderators: beatnantkrileon