Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#1426] Custom Subscription Type

• dude_7526
  • dude_7526
15 years 2 months ago #108094 by dude_7526
[#1426] Custom Subscription Type was created by dude_7526
Hello,

Have requirement where I would like to have a multiplier in caliculating the membership value. My requirement is as below

1) I have 4 different subscription plans A,B,C,D with 4 values $10,20,30, 40 respectivly

2) Users on my website can subcribe to any of the plan individually or can include family members too. So if they are subscribing for 2 family members, I would like to have an option for them to pay for a subscription combined. For ex: Lets say a user selected plan A, and I want them to indicate 2 members for Plan A etc..like wise for three family members 3 X Plan B = $60 etc..

This way they can have a single payment method for entire family.

It may drive them away if I ask them to create individial profles for all family members and make a payment separately..

Do you know if this is possible? Please Help!

This is a very necessary feature to have, and I realy love this product

Thanks
RS

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/03 00:47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 2 months ago #108111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Custom Subscription Type
It is not possibly to multiple the subscription like that. I suggest having child plans to include up to 4 additional family members (you should also consider offering a small discount for doing this as to provide incentive).

Exmaple:
Plan A
->Plan A1
->Plan A2
->Plan A3
->Plan A4
Plan B
->Plan B1
->Plan B2
->Plan B3
->Plan B4
Plan C
->Plan C1
->Plan C2
->Plan C3
->Plan C4
Plan D
->Plan D1
->Plan D2
->Plan D3
->Plan D4

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dude_7526
  • dude_7526
15 years 1 month ago #109010 by dude_7526
Replied by dude_7526 on topic Re:Custom Subscription Type
Thanks for your response Krileon.

This could be an option but potentially this would limit the user if he/she wants to add more than four family members.

However, with your idea of having Child plan, I tried this with Donation plan type with suggested amounts with free amount field, where a user can enter dollar amount of their choice. This way the I could just define one child plan.

But the only issue with this is, it works only as a one time payment and recurring payments on a periodic basis is not possible

Is it possible to extend recurring payment the functionality for "donation" plan possible? Similar to "User Subscription plan"

Please let me know, I greately appreciate your help

Regards
RS

krileon wrote:

It is not possibly to multiple the subscription like that. I suggest having child plans to include up to 4 additional family members (you should also consider offering a small discount for doing this as to provide incentive).

Exmaple:
Plan A
->Plan A1
->Plan A2
->Plan A3
->Plan A4
Plan B
->Plan B1
->Plan B2
->Plan B3
->Plan B4
Plan C
->Plan C1
->Plan C2
->Plan C3
->Plan C4
Plan D
->Plan D1
->Plan D2
->Plan D3
->Plan D4

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 1 month ago #109026 by krileon
I do not know if this is planned, but donations are not intended to be used as subscriptions. I suppose you could use some of the integration plugins in conjunction with a donation plan, but do not know the results. Yes, It may limit the user to specific family size, but the average home is 4-5 people, which should be sufficient.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dude_7526
  • dude_7526
15 years 1 month ago #109159 by dude_7526
Replied by dude_7526 on topic Re:Custom Subscription Type
I found one more problem with this approach. Consider the example below

Plan A - for primary member $30
--Plan A1 $30
--Plan A2 $60
--Plan A3 $90
--Plan A4 $120

Plan B - for primary member $60
--Plan B1 - 60
--Plan B2 - 120
--Plan B3 - 180
--Plan B4 - 240

When I go to registration page, and if I select just plan A or B without any child plan. It is not letting me proceed further, and if I select any child plan inadvertently there is way to un-select the child(i,e just have one primary member with any family memeber) I could define a dummy child plan with Zero value, but user must always have to select either the dummy child plan or any other child plan. Otherwise there is no way out.

This is a serious problem for me with this approach.

I greatly appreciate if you could offer a solution for this.

Thanks
RS

Post edited by: dude_7526, at: 2009/08/25 05:12

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 1 month ago #109187 by krileon
Set the child plans as non-exclusive and upgradeable; this should solve the required problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon