Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Is CBSubs compatible with Email as Username ?

• rebreanu
  • rebreanu
13 years 9 months ago #150769 by rebreanu
ok. i have purchased the advanced membership like i have told you, the professional membership will follow shortly, i'm still installing, testing, uninstalling etc. and still on 1.5.22 stable.

the question is:

can the incubator team make a plugin for CB+CBSubs that will do the following?

on the registration form, after 4 fields: first name, last name , email field and pass field, there must be a check box, default checked, with the text "If you want to use a nickname instead your real name on the network please uncheck this box and fill your nickname (and this will be the username in CB database).

if the box is unchecked, the field next to it become writable and the user fill in his username, named nicely "nickname". the system displays for this user his username on the network, with the option in his CP to switch to real name when he wants.

if the user let the box checked, then the script compose his username from first name+last name, example John Smith will be username "johnsmith", the system check the database for an already registered "johnsmith" username, if one match is found then the system add a number after the username, for example "johnsmith2" and so on. also, the user can switch from real name in his CP, only if the site admin allowes this. that's why i need groups, group A can use nicknames on the network, group B can use only real names.

PLEASE READ THIS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY:

on joomlapolis forum, maybe you gave access to few well trained freelancers to use for free your addons, in exchange they must answer to newbies posts like i post (Kyle, this is not about you, i know who you are and what role you have in here). if they use real names, it is more professional (at least from my point of view, THE BUYER). on the other side, if someone wants to PAY ME a subscription and to be "bibi123big" on my site, that's ok (for me, THE SELLER this time). but the TRUTH IS "bibi123big" will NOT PAY for a review made by "gogo17", but definitively WILL PAY for a review made by John Smith, IT professional, PhD etc, even John Smith is the same person as "gogo17".

so got the idea?

thank you for your patience reading my bul***t, but i'm still waiting for an answer :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #151414 by krileon

can the incubator team make a plugin for CB+CBSubs that will do the following?

There is no incubator team, they're personal projects we take on individually. Most of them are developed by me. We do not add projects by request, but rather by interest and if we have time.

so got the idea?

I understand your request, but if you're using Kunena you don't need to go through all this trouble. This is because the Sidebar (where your name, avatar, etc..) is displayed is completely configurable within CB. Using Advanced you can design the sidebar entirely with substitutions (this includes IF/ELSE type substitutions) allowing you to display the sidebar exactly as you're wanting.

The best I can suggest is using CB Queries (allows executing queries after various CB triggers) incubator project and after registration performing a database query to check if field XYZ is checked (checkboxes store as 1 if checked and 0 if not). If is checked you could update the username field in _users to whatever you like (such as Name) or leave it as is if not checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebreanu

• rebreanu
  • rebreanu
13 years 8 months ago #153246 by rebreanu
SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!SOLVED!

The CB have a the capability to use email as username feature out of the box! You must use CB Fields plugin from Incubator area of Joomlapolis.

Please read this post .

Thank you krileon & nant for the answers!

Keep up the good job!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon