Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Migration from AEC to CB Subs

13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #154351 by arcoinvest
[SOLVED] Migration from AEC to CB Subs was created by arcoinvest
I have searched all over the net for information to migrate AEC to CB Subs and no good at all so I`d like to suggest the crew at Joomapolis or users that have done it the creation of a quick tutorial on that. Anyone?

I immagine that most sites trying to do this migration are live sites with ongoing registered users, published content and etc so like me would need to make a relatively smooth and fast transition

It should almost be part of the users manual under instalation or something. Looking forward to some info and to start usying CBSubs.

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #154368 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Migration from AEC to CB Subs
AEC has its followers, CBSubs has its own.

In general if you have any system that is managing active auto-recurring subscriptions, then you cannot avoid user interaction to manually switch over to a new system.

You would need to recreate CBSubs plans to match previous plans and use CBSubs import to assign initial subscriptions.

It really depends on how your current system is configured.

13 years 8 months ago #154401 by arcoinvest
Replied by arcoinvest on topic Re: Migration from AEC to CB Subs
Nant,

As far as my subscriptions on AEC its quite easy since I only have 5 users on paid plan and the rest on a free lifetime plan so the manual migration will be easy.

The biggest concert is regarding AEC`s applied hacks. Do you believe i can migrate without reinstaling Joomla? If no need to reinstall then I`m in heaven...

In case I should reinstall Joomla could you post a few guidelines on how to do it without loosing all my data, modules, plugins and etc making the transition painless?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #154418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Migration from AEC to CB Subs

The biggest concert is regarding AEC`s applied hacks. Do you believe i can migrate without reinstaling Joomla? If no need to reinstall then I`m in heaven...

This depends, am told latest AEC does not hack the core anymore.. whether truth to this I do not know. If you're using anything but latest or had eldest at one point in time then you need to re-install Joomla as the core has already been altered. This is a relatively easy feat usually as you can just download the Joomla package and extract all its contents directly over top of yours and perform a complete replace to remove any core edits. Database is not touched so you would not lose data, but make a file AND database backup before doing this just to be safe!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by krileon.

13 years 8 months ago #154451 by arcoinvest
Replied by arcoinvest on topic Re: Migration from AEC to CB Subs
Older version that has applied hacks so reinstal needed. Solution sounds easy indeed but just to make sure, after performing all backups;

donwload joomla
extract content internally
upload via ftp overwriting all core files

Is that it or I should do the extract directely via Joomla install?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #154631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Migration from AEC to CB Subs
Your steps seam appropriate. I recommend re-installing CB (just install it on its self and it'll auto-upgrade) to also remove any hacks if any. You should then have a clean install, but does not ensure a clean database. I do not know what database changes AEC makes, but hopefully none to the core (specifically the ACL tables).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon