Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Any problems with this Scenario?

• JBDXLT123
  • JBDXLT123
13 years 7 months ago #155811 by JBDXLT123
Any problems with this Scenario? was created by JBDXLT123
Before I/we purchase this extension I’d like to check if there are any conflicts/problems with the scenario below.
We currently have a new Joomla 1.5 site in development using Rocket Themes Zephyr template.
We have Virtuemart setup (with Paypal) for about a dozen products including 4 different Membership Types. This is an Organization that is supported by their members and offers Single, Family, Supporting and Lifetime Memberships. The first three are yearly annual.
What they want to do now is to offer the option for automatic recurring payments based on monthly or yearly plans at their member’s discretion.
They also want donations based on whatever amount a person desires to give.
They have no problem dumping Virtuemart if CB Subs can handle products in a similar fashion.
They currently have about 4000 members administered through Excel and would like the data transferred to whatever system is chosen. Hurdles?
Their membership is likely to expand, so I assume the Intermediate plan is the proper plan to buy.
As the developer, which Joomlapolis Subscription am I required to additionally purchase to fully document and understand CB + CB Subs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #155845 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?

We currently have a new Joomla 1.5 site in development using Rocket Themes Zephyr template.

Should be ok as long as it's JS usage does not conflict with CBSubs jQuery usage.

We have Virtuemart setup (with Paypal) for about a dozen products including 4 different Membership Types. This is an Organization that is supported by their members and offers Single, Family, Supporting and Lifetime Memberships. The first three are yearly annual.

CBSubs actually has an integration for VM to allow assigning users to VM groups based on subscription. CBSubs also has support for Paypal. Please keep in mind you can't make a purchase through VM to subscribe a user. You also need to ensure CB login and registration is used and not VMs.

What they want to do now is to offer the option for automatic recurring payments based on monthly or yearly plans at their member’s discretion.

CBSubs is very capable of making recurring plans or even payment by payment plans.

They also want donations based on whatever amount a person desires to give.

CBSubs has support for donation plans as well.

They have no problem dumping Virtuemart if CB Subs can handle products in a similar fashion.

Must be kept in mind CBSubs is a subscription management plugin and not a digital store. It can handle subscription/donation aspects quite well, but as far as being a store with a digital shopping cart CBSubs won't satisfy.

They currently have about 4000 members administered through Excel and would like the data transferred to whatever system is chosen. Hurdles?

You can import users into a CB installation using CB Juice and specifically constructed CSV files.

As the developer, which Joomlapolis Subscription am I required to additionally purchase to fully document and understand CB + CB Subs.

CB documentation is made available with an Advanced or Professional subscription. CBSubs license will give access to CBSubs documentation. Either/or does not give access to one another (e.g. Advanced subscribers do not get CBSubs; you must subscribe to both).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• JBDXLT123
  • JBDXLT123
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #155959 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?
Hi Krileon, thanks for the quick reply-
I'm still wondering about a few things-
You Say about RT Templates:
"Should be ok as long as it's JS usage does not conflict with CBSubs jQuery usage."
Q: Have you had problems in the past?

You Say about VM Integration:
"CBSubs actually has an integration for VM to allow assigning users to VM groups based on subscription. CBSubs also has support for Paypal. Please keep in mind you can't make a purchase through VM to subscribe a user. You also need to ensure CB login and registration is used and not VMs."
Q: How difficult is it to set up this integration?
Is the process of ordering a product seamless?
Can a non-member still make a purchase?
Does this make Virtuemart use the same user table or does someone need to manually synchronize the two?

You Say about Donations:
"CBSubs has support for donation plans as well."
Q: A plan where they can fill in any amount?
Thanks for the Answers!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by JBDXLT123.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #156033 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?

Q: Have you had problems in the past?

There's known issues with templates being over-pushy on their JS usage and constantly conflicting with others using similar libraries. For example CBs jQuery library is always up to date (with each release) and is always in noConflict mode. However, template developers tend to not use noConflict and usually out of date libraries. This can cause conflicts with CB as CB trys to execute jQuery functions.

Q: How difficult is it to set up this integration?
Is the process of ordering a product seamless?
Can a non-member still make a purchase?
Does this make Virtuemart use the same user table or does someone need to manually synchronize the two?

It's a matter of selecting a group from a drop-down list. You're misunderstanding what it does however. All it does is add users to a VM group (user or shopper) based on subscription. This makes it easy to offer discounts in your VM store for your CB users. If you need the actual databases synchronized you should see professional subscriber incubator project CB VirtueMart.

Q: A plan where they can fill in any amount?

Donation plans can be fixed amounts, user determined amounts (user inputs what they wish to donate), or both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• JBDXLT123
  • JBDXLT123
13 years 7 months ago #156266 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?
Hi Krileon,
I'm still not clear on how this integration functions.
When a person (non CB member)buys a product from the VM store, do they, in any way end up as an entry in the CB system.
Conversely, when a person buys a membership in the CB Subs system do they end up as an entry in the VM system?
What this organization objects to is the idea that members may be sent two different password e-mails, one for each system, causing confusion.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #156269 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?

JBDXLT123 wrote: Hi Krileon,
I'm still not clear on how this integration functions.
When a person (non CB member)buys a product from the VM store, do they, in any way end up as an entry in the CB system.

A person purchasing something from VM is already a website registered user, thus is already in the CB system (CB User Manager). This person cannot purchase a CBSubs subscription through VM.

Conversely, when a person buys a membership in the CB Subs system do they end up as an entry in the VM system?
What this organization objects to is the idea that members may be sent two different password e-mails, one for each system, causing confusion.

There is a VM CBSubs integration plugin that can be activated and configured to add a CBSubs plan subscriber to a specific VM shopping group.

As I understand it VM can be configured to propose different product prices depending on the shopping group the viewer belongs to. This way you can for example offer cheaper VM product prices to CBSubs plan subscribers.

Hopefully I have explained it properly.

Suggestion: CBSubs has a 30 day no questions asked refund policy (for first time purchasers). This was you can purchase and test risk free.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon