Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Any problems with this Scenario?

• JBDXLT123
  • JBDXLT123
13 years 7 months ago #156844 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?
Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply-
Ok, I bit, purchasing CB Subs and a Pro Membership.
I’ve studied the CB and CB Subs manuals and I have a rudimentary understanding, although now my head hurts! With substantial effort all parts are up and working (Kunena- FYI- would only work correctly after RT_Zephyrs Gantry Cache and Input Styling were turned off).
A Paid Membership will allow access to view the CB Members List, the current newsletter and the Members-Only Forum.
Here are the clients’ actual membership requirements that I need a little coaching on:
Donate Plan - People can donate, as they wish in any amount, but that won’t make them registered members. So.. I create a donation plan and set this up like UC2 in the manual, exclusive set to no and all values to no in the workflow tab, as this will be presented as a link or button. I set the user group access to public front-end only. Good? But, I wonder what happens when a registered member donates- does that un-register them?
Single Membership Plan (Base Plan) - Users can sign up for a year at a fixed price. Client would like to offer the option of automatic recurring payments, a checkbox if possible. So.. I create a subscription with Pricing set to 1 year, Prorate set to no, Renewable in advance by 2 mo, Grace to 2 weeks, Auto-recurring renewals set to users choice. Presently, The Joomla menu system is set to show the CB List, Newsletter and Forum to registered users. But then along comes Virtuemart, which by default signs up shoppers as ‘registered’ and blows up the restricted Joomla menu system access logic. I have not found a way around this so I’m stuck here.
This Organization sells a Family and Supporting Plan that are the same as above, just with higher prices.
They also have a Paid Lifetime Plan, but I think I’ve got that one figured out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #156848 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?

JBDXLT123 wrote: Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply-
Ok, I bit, purchasing CB Subs and a Pro Membership.

Cool

I’ve studied the CB and CB Subs manuals and I have a rudimentary understanding, although now my head hurts!

Ouch. Let us know if we can improve this.

[/quote]With substantial effort all parts are up and working (Kunena- FYI- would only work correctly after RT_Zephyrs Gantry Cache and Input Styling were turned off).
[/quote]

Guess too much javascript in template?

A Paid Membership will allow access to view the CB Members List, the current newsletter and the Members-Only Forum.

Great, sounds like you are getting the hang of it.

Here are the clients’ actual membership requirements that I need a little coaching on:
Donate Plan - People can donate, as they wish in any amount, but that won’t make them registered members. So.. I create a donation plan and set this up like UC2 in the manual, exclusive set to no and all values to no in the workflow tab, as this will be presented as a link or button. I set the user group access to public front-end only. Good? But, I wonder what happens when a registered member donates- does that un-register them?

Well CBSubs cannot be configured for anonymous donations.
So if someone selects to donate during the registration process, then he must also select a subscription plan during the process. CBSubs donation plans is primarily focused on gathering donations from members. There might be a free Paypal donate module you can install if you want anonymous donations.

Single Membership Plan (Base Plan) - Users can sign up for a year at a fixed price. Client would like to offer the option of automatic recurring payments, a checkbox if possible. So.. I create a subscription with Pricing set to 1 year, Prorate set to no, Renewable in advance by 2 mo, Grace to 2 weeks, Auto-recurring renewals set to users choice.

That sounds right - you need to configure your gateway (Paypal?) also to accept autorecurring payments.

Presently, The Joomla menu system is set to show the CB List, Newsletter and Forum to registered users. But then along comes Virtuemart, which by default signs up shoppers as ‘registered’ and blows up the restricted Joomla menu system access logic. I have not found a way around this so I’m stuck here.

I don't understand issue or problem - please explain better.

This Organization sells a Family and Supporting Plan that are the same as above, just with higher prices.
They also have a Paid Lifetime Plan, but I think I’ve got that one figured out.

Ok. Since this is no longer a presales thread, please start new thread in appropriate area.

• JBDXLT123
  • JBDXLT123
13 years 7 months ago #156855 by JBDXLT123
Replied by JBDXLT123 on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?
Ok, I'll start anew in Pro Members Support: Title: Ideal Virtuemart- CB Subs Workflow.
Give me a little time to write it up.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #157453 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Any problems with this Scenario?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon