Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How are purchases identified?

• justbrock
  • justbrock
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #157004 by justbrock
[SOLVED] How are purchases identified? was created by justbrock
My client will want to use Authorize.net as the payment gateway so that they can then integrate using QuickBooks.

The questions is, how is the subscriber identified through the process of paying? Does CSubs send the username with the payment? At the end of the process, how will QuickBooks know who made a purchase?

Ideally, they would like the username sent with the transaction, so that Authorize.net will be able to report by Joomla Username.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #157029 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: How are purchases identified?
I would need to understand what information quickbooks is looking for and in what format in order to give a proper response.

• justbrock
  • justbrock
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #157405 by justbrock
Replied by justbrock on topic Re: How are purchases identified?
It doesn't really matter what QuickBooks needs. My main question is... what is sent to Authorize.net to identify the user?
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by justbrock.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #157459 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How are purchases identified?
Authorize.net will receive their invoice information provided at subscription, as well as email, etc.. We've no quickbooks integration, but quickbooks supports CSV as far as I am aware so you could use phpmyadmin and do a direct database query then export the results as CSV file and import into quickbooks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• justbrock
  • justbrock
13 years 7 months ago #157465 by justbrock
Replied by justbrock on topic Re: How are purchases identified?
Ok, forget I said anything about Quickbooks (please)

My question has to do with the data Authorize.net receives. What customer identifier is sent to authorize.net from CSUB? How is the customer tracked??? By the username?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #157571 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How are purchases identified?
They're not tracked by profile data (this stuff can be changed so of course is not reliable), a purchase number so to speak is tied to the IPN sent to and from Authorize.net. That is then matched to CBSubs database, which is then matched to a users ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: justbrock

Moderators: beatnantkrileon